I need torsion bars bad!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want I have a set of torsion bars out of my 74 318 Duster. $20 plus shipping if interested.

ok and will they fit my 71 dart cause i thought they are not the same after the year 73

the price is very good what scuba is offering so a bump for that! however
fyi the torsion bars you have in your dart now should be the original .085 bars. the ones in the 74 duster from scuba should be the original .085 bars as well. that being said you will be gaining nothing from a swap except 3 years less usage.

Here are the Pictures.

890R
891L

I don't know if these will interchange.

SDC1159830%.jpg

SDC1159930%.jpg

SDC1160030%.jpg

the price is very good what scuba is offering so a bump for that! however
fyi the torsion bars you have in your dart now should be the original .085 bars. the ones in the 74 duster from scuba should be the original .085 bars as well. that being said you will be gaining nothing from a swap except 3 years less usage.

I agree. Why are you saying you need torsion bars. What is the situation? There may be another problem that we can help you with.

BTW 318 cars with factory air conditioning should have .87 torsion bars that are the same on an original 340/360 A-body.

This was a non-AC car.

Does .02 make that much of a differnce? I'm wanting to know for my car.

Thanks!

.087 bars are pretty good .089 are much better. i went from .085 in my wifes 71 dart to the .087 bars and it was a very nice change. not to stiff but better than the stock bars for sure. i went from .087 bars in the demon to .089 and was alot better. just right in my opinion with a nice firmness to it. i wouldn't want to take it any stronger than that.....for yours scuba i would not hesitate to put anything less than .087

Thanks for the Reply. I will go to the .089 like suggested!

Thank you!

My left side is 891 and the right side is 890.... what's up with that?

I'm slowly rebuilding my front end so I saw this thread and went out and looked at my torsion bars.

EDIT: never mind I just looked at the pictures again and saw that is common.

Thanks for the Reply. I will go to the .089 like suggested!

Thank you!

what shocks are you going to run? kyb? if so it will match up really well for the .089 bars. if your car doesn't have a front swaybar it will also make a nice addition in handeling on both the 71 dart and the duster. i added the front sway bar to the wifes 71 dart and what a difference it made! it is worth looking into for your car as well there 71dodge if yours dosen't already have one. i suspect it dosen't like my widfes didn't as hers was a 318 dart as well.

.087 bars are pretty good .089 are much better. i went from .085 in my wifes 71 dart to the .087 bars and it was a very nice change. not to stiff but better than the stock bars for sure. i went from .087 bars in the demon to .089 and was alot better. just right in my opinion with a nice firmness to it. i wouldn't want to take it any stronger than that.....for yours scuba i would not hesitate to put anything less than .087

Where the .87 T-bars new?

Where the .89 T-bars new?

Where the .87 T-bars new?

Where the .89 T-bars new?

yes i replaced the old ones in both the wifes dart and the demon with new. i don't see the sense in replaceing old with old. i fugure after 30 or 35 years the stock suspension has more than served its needs and is do for a refresh for the next 30 or 35 years.....i rebuilt everything front to back on both including the rear leaf springs

yes i replaced the old ones in both the wifes dart and the demon with new. i don't see the sense in replaceing old with old. i fugure after 30 or 35 years the stock suspension has more than served its needs and is do for a refresh for the next 30 or 35 years.....i rebuilt everything front to back on both including the rear leaf springs

Where would be a good place to buy them..... cheap? lol

i shopped around when i got mine. they are not cheap anymore, but it is something you won't be replaceing again anytime soon. i think i got mine from summit or jegs at the time. i went with mopar bars but their are other companies out there makeing them as well. i didn't want to change or experimnet so i stuck with mopar.....

i shopped around when i got mine. they are not cheap anymore, but it is something you won't be replaceing again anytime soon. i think i got mine from summit or jegs at the time. i went with mopar bars but their are other companies out there makeing them as well. i didn't want to change or experimnet so i stuck with mopar.....

I'll most likely use my old ones.... the economy has put a hurting on my wallet.

I'll most likely use my old ones.... the economy has put a hurting on my wallet.

i know what you mean. i am glad i did it when i did. you won't regreat it when you do it as well. i figure on some things you just have to bite the bullit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back