I never learn...

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
First it was a set of old dog dish hub caps....
DodgeDart026-vi.jpg

Now this.....
wheel-vi.jpg

How far off am I from picking up the 4 bbl & headers for the old slant 6? :-k

haha, i used to have a pair of headers for a slant. Sold them to a buddy of mine, cliffords, (for under $30...what i paid for 'em!). I have a spare Super Six intake though, two actually :D. lol sorry, not helping.

Lookin good!

haha i love dog dish hubcaps :thumbup: nice wheel too, throw a 4bbl and headers on her already, hell why u doing engine stuff mill head .100, u will about kill ur slant if u just run a 4bbl and no head work, check on slantsix.org

1966 dart wagon said:
..............mill head .100, u will about kill ur slant if u just run a 4bbl and no head work, check on slantsix.org

<sigh....> I know all about the exisistence of that slant 6 dedicated site. I'm trying to keep away as if it could be the end of me. Imagine the logistical nightmare of the care & feeding of TWO hobby cars? Plus the wife is shopping for a set of 17" wheels for her GTI now, and she wants the chip & exhaust work done too. That would make #3.

Lord help me.....:sad3:

you may as well committ now. Go get a used B engine for a stroker core, and call schumaker about some mounts...LOL

Yes we never learn.

Did a swap meet today with 388dart. I didn't see anything I wanted when I looked at the other vendors stuff, at AM set up.

By the time I packed up my stuff to go, I had spent 300.
I sold about that much, so I guess the day wasn't a total loss.

The only real plus, was that the stuff I bought was lighter than the stuff I sold!

dave571 said:
you may as well committ now. Go get a used B engine for a stroker core, and call schumaker about some mounts...LOL

My wife would kill me, grind me up, and feed me to the mutt.....:axe:

dave571 said:
The only real plus, was that the stuff I bought was lighter than the stuff I sold!

THAT'S a funny, and realistic, evaluation of a day "selling" at a swap meet! I can remember doing the same thing myself....:yawinkle:

AdamR said:
Better fisnish one first John. LOL

I'm with you on that one Adam.... The only reason the steering wheel is going on is because the previous owner must have driven the car after eating fried chicken or some such deep-fried hand held crap and NEVER washed his hands. The damn steering wheel is so gack-up I can't get the sunofabitch CLEAN! Easier to change the wheel... And as far as the hub caps, the originals just scream " HEY ! I'm soooo UN-COOL!"

<sigh....> By re-arranginging some sheet metal the thought of a S/S clone also ran through my head. I know I'm screwed.....:dontknow:

-
Back