i phone owner's

-

silver fox

Reaction score
my son got the newest i phone this weekend,a friend came over to see him while having a few brown pop's looked at the duster,and mentioned we wished we could get it dyno'ed to see what horse power ect it had ( we did not build this car but it was built to drag )the friend then said that he downloaded a program called dynobox for 5 buck's and does everything a dyno mach. does, you just need the weight of the car mount the i phone on the dash with the holder they sell and go. it tells hp. speed in distance ect. he had his car done last year with his car club and it matched the dyno's number's. hope i,ve got a few nice day's this weekend going to get the car's weight take her out and rip and try
ps. the web site is www.car-vs-car.de/dynobox/
it's in german so check it out an'it new tech. great

I can't attest about the program mentioned, but I do know that there is a similar program that was tested against a drag strip timer and it was within .005 of the strip's timer. It works off of the accelerometer that's built into the phone and also the GPS. Sounds real interesting. Maybe someone here will know the name of it.

Yeah there is also one that measures G's and stuff.. Almost makes me want an I-phone. But IDK the name of it either..

i hope so it'll be great for us part timer's with out actulling to the strip

Oh yeah.. "well you see officer.. This was a lot cheaper and easier way to how much horsepower I have then taking it to a dyno or the dragstrip! I'm sure you understand officer!!!" HAHA!
Seriously though.. it would almost be worth upgrading to an I-phone if I can ever afford a cell phone..

that is friggin sweet. i had a itouch but got rid of it. now i wish i had it lol. i will have to trade for one

bayyum was it on the first or second i phone? i have the older one and wonder if it works with it

-
Back