I saw the new "Charger" yesterday....

-
I love the front nose and the appearence in the front, once I look past the front doors, I just shake my head. If I could afford one, I'd probably buy one.

heheh stolen from another site. This was an Old Charger Owner

<Comedy relief for the conversation>

new_charger.jpg

Khyron said:
Show us the 99 Concept = Bait
Sell the Magnum Sedan = Switch

Gee I don't know about that. DC was quite up front that any plans for a production version of the concept car were cancelled. They made that announcement back in 2000 or so. It wasn't until a year or two latter when they anncounced that Mercedes and Chrysler were going to share a rear wheel drive platform that talk of a Charger came up again and that was all media speculation until last year.

sared plateform doesn't mean a plain body. They kept that Charger under a tight wrap visually until just before release....yet STILL had that concept car on thier main page.

dgc333 said:
It wasn't until a year or two latter when they anncounced that Mercedes and Chrysler were going to share a rear wheel drive platform that talk of a Charger came up again and that was all media speculation until last year.

If I remember right, the concept Charger was already on the new LX platform, and so was the 300 C convertible, but i could be wrong. I remember reading that the Charger was getting mixed reaction because of its 4 doors so they were going to redesign it so that it could make the critics happy. Looks like they should have left it alone

Actually the 68-70 chargers did quite well..much better than the 66-67, just not as well as the coke bottles...

Check this out

allpar.com.....

great read Superdart.... thanks

Even our competitors admired it. Ed Estes, the son of Pete Estes the President of General Motors, was my backdoor neighbor in 1968. Ed told me that his Dad drove a Dodge Charger a lot. I asked, "Why?" Ed said "Because he likes it."

now thats just funny :D

As much as I hate to say it, Ford had the right idea on for the new Mustang. Right now the prices of muscle cars are climbing fast. Why? Because the American public at large love those old, fast, head turners. So the "idea" people at ford thought, "Hey, the public likes the old muscle cars, so lets give them what they want!". Now Ford can't keep Mustangs on the show room floor. They have people waiting at the transport trucks to be unloaded.
The Charger on the other hand looks nothing like the Charger of old. Sure it has some pretty good drivetrain options, but is that what the public wants? When I first heard that a new Charger was coming out, I invisioned a NASCAR looking car. Long nose and all. Perhaps that's an option they should offer.
If Mopar wants to sell a "Charger", then make it at least look like a distant cousin of the Chargers we all love.

They have on the dodge web site they are comming out with a 426 hemi charger for 2006. but there is no price for it yet. this 426 hemi is going to save you alot of gas!
When driving around it will run on 4 cylinders and when you put your foot in it that is when it all comes alive.

moparbrian72 said:
this 426 hemi is going to save you alot of gas!
When driving around it will run on 4 cylinders and when you put your foot in it that is when it all comes alive.

thats how all the HEMIs are, but it doesnt use as little gas as a real 4 cylinder would. When you have a hemi, im sure your foot is always going to be down

moparbrian72 said:
They have on the dodge web site they are comming out with a 426 hemi charger for 2006. but there is no price for it yet. this 426 hemi is going to save you alot of gas!

The SRT-8 version of the Charger will have a 6.1 liter engine (372 cid) not a 426. It will have the same 425HP that the orignal 426 hemi was rated at though. Also, this version the engine will not have the multiple displacement technology that the 5.7 liter hemi motor has.

-
Back