I Scored

-

66MOPAR77

Reaction score
Ok everyone I need some opinions before tomorrow, I found a 8.75 rear end on Craig's List gave the guy a call price was marked 250.00, it was missing drums and some break parts. It's big bolt taperd pinion from a 69 b-body that's all I know and that gears are free. I haggled for the missing parts and I'm getting it for 150.00 going to get tomorrow. What's Your Thoughts

I paid 100 for a B rear,489 center, without any of the brake hardware. It did have the backing plates.

What are you putting it in?

I'd say 150 is fair if you can use it.

Is it a 66-70? If so, good deal. With the right wheel backspacing, you can slip it under an A-body by relocating the spring perches.

I'm putting it in a 66 valiant, I'm not sure if its a sure grip or not, I know it came out of a 69 cornett

Probably a 2.76 open would be my guess, but you never know. You will need some wheels with deeper backspacing to make it work for you.

Is there a way to check the gear by the numbers off the gear housing

Look for a metal tag attached to one of the bolts that holds the gearset to the housing, you might get lucky and it's still there.......

If the gear ratio tag is missing, count how many revolutions the pinion makes by hand to one revolution of the hub.... You'll be in the ballpark on what it really is.

-
Back