I screwed up, neep help

-
There is no way to compress the rubber gasket enough to get a straight on shot. The screws are actually just a little below the rear window surface, which makes this difficult. Then the left side has about an 1/8" less room because the rear window sits towards that side. As for the milwaukee bit that's what I plan on doing with my new screw drivers I bought.
This is what makes this forum so good is the amount of help everyone throws out trying to help. It's really appreciated and will let you know how Thais turns out!
Thanks Rod

Well i tried again tonight to get the last screw out. It is the highest one on the drivers side. I can not get on the head straight because of the glass. The screw just wont back out because I cant get a good enough grip and it jumps on the head. I think my next move is going to be to put tape on the body and make a metal bracket cover to put on top of the tape then tape it in place. This will protect the paint and body as I try to grind the head off the screw with a small die grinder.
My second option would be to pull the window back out. what procedure would i need to follow to do that? i dont want to have to replace that gasket again, but it would be easier to go back together with the window removed.
Thanks Rod

-
Back