I should have gone to the Spring Roundup

-

RedScampi

Reaction score
Because it would have been cheaper! I spent all day Saturday working on the Red Scamp trying to get ready for the show. But by Saturday night I was out of energy and I hadn't quite finished putting the dash together. The column was still down and my back was seriously hurting from wedging myself onto the floorboard. Needless to say by Sunday morning I didn't feel like finishing it. The weather looked like crap and it was cold so I just bagged it. JR called about 7:30 and he sounded worse off than I felt! Anyway, so I sat around doing pretty much nothing all morning. While perusing craigslist I found a 65 Valiant wagon just down the hill from me for $275 bucks! The pictures were really fuzzy so I couldn't really tell what I was looking at. So, i called the guy then went to look at it. Unfortunately it was way too rusty - the bottom half looked like it was dipped in salt water. But, they had another car! Long story short, I drug this thing home for $200 bucks. 72 Valiant, slant. It supposedly even runs and drives but the battery was too weak to get it going. Here it is just as I got it, wet but not washed. The trunk well looked like hell but it's surprisingly solid. Ironically the floors looked ok, under the mat anyway but they're all toast. No idea what I'm going to do with it. I'll get some more pics up soon. Here's the car I went to see, then what I brought home:

3k73md3o6ZZZZZZZZZ965328ffba2fbed19ae.jpg

P1030278 (Large).jpg

P1030279 (Large).jpg

P1030280 (Large).jpg

P1030282 (Large).jpg

P1030283 (Large).jpg

P1030286 (Large).jpg

P1030287 (Large).jpg

P1030290 (Large).jpg

Wow, that's a good price even if it only becomes a parts car!

Are those Chyrsler minivan seats?

I like that year model four door, we have a member here that has one like it and is a sleeper 13 sec car. Good price Congrat's :cheers:
waggin might be interested in the luggage rack on the wagon =P~

Wow, that's a good price even if it only becomes a parts car!

Are those Chyrsler minivan seats?

Yeah I thought the price was right. He was ready to move it so I probably could have got it for 150. I have no idea on the seats but they seem like van seats of some kind. Yuk!

I like that year model four door, we have a member here that has one like it and is a sleeper 13 sec car. Good price Congrat's :cheers:
waggin might be interested in the luggage rack on the wagon =P~

Thank you, it's not too bad considering the price! Unfortunately the rack was the one part on that wagon he would not let go of.

Well I got the beast started yesterday afternoon and it runs surprisingly well. It needs a muffler but other than that it's smooth and quiet. The good news is the trunk well appears to be really solid. The bad news is the floors are really shot. They had the rubber mats and the old sound deadener was all soaking wet - you can imagine what they look like. I've decided to use this car to practice my welding and body work skills. I will be needing some floor pans, does anyone know if the 4 door and 2 door pans are the same? If I can't find any I'll just fabricate something. It will be functional rather than beautiful but it'll be under carpet anyway. I'll put some more pics up later.

If you're going to use the car for body work practice, I was wondering if I could buy the the driver side bullet turn signal from you? It would give you another hole to fill?

Nice purchase, I'm really jealous of you guys that have room for an extra car or two when you see one that you want and the price is right. Have fun with your new toy. Make sure you post the "how to pics" as your learning new stuff.

Thanks

If you're going to use the car for body work practice, I was wondering if I could buy the the driver side bullet turn signal from you? It would give you another hole to fill?

Nice purchase, I'm really jealous of you guys that have room for an extra car or two when you see one that you want and the price is right. Have fun with your new toy. Make sure you post the "how to pics" as your learning new stuff.

Thanks

Yeah, I can probably give that up, ;) it's not correct for this car...Send me a PM, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping. It may take me a while to get to the removal part so please be patient.

-
Back