I suck... Valve spring question.

-

Khyron

Token "B" Body
Reaction score
cam278.jpg

I have no idea what kind to get... I suck at this. please help

They list the recommended spring part number. That's the one I would get. :thumrigh:

You dont need a dual spring for that cam. Run the single with a damper.

Why question what the cam manufacturer specs? They'd love you to pay for more expensive stuff if they could list it that way, but those pressures dont need a double spring.

very good then, Thanks for the advice everyone. once again, I appreteate it. The motor is on it's way. Pistons will be here today and the machine work gets finished... on to assembly :D

Tom 1951 is right and using more spring pressure than required wastes HP.

Sorry but I don't understand either of your last questions.

What do you mean what heads are with this? This what??

And what do you mean "are the stock springs in a 1974 360" HUH!! Are you asking what are the specs for stock 1974 360 valve springs?

hehe sorry, I was in a hurry when I typed those last questions, but yes.

My question was how can I find out what heads are on my 360, and also what would be the stock valve springs located on that same head. :D

Your 360 should have the J heads on it if they are original. You can confirm it by looking down by the spark plugs and if you see a big J there that proves it. They are really good flowing heads. Sorry but I don't know the spring specs right off hand. Maybe good to about 4500-4800 rpm max. I had a 74 Fury III when I was a kid and it had a 360. For that heavy car it ran pretty darn good down low but was out of steam by 4500 rpm.

FWIW, All 340/360 open chamber heads are the same basic casting shape and have the same flow potential. The only difference was if they had 2.02 or 1.88 intake valves. Even the TA heads were the same casting shape, they were just had the push rod holes machined offset so the head could be ported more.

-
Back