i think i am quitting drinking

-

siegenthaler.16

Reaction score
after the events that i will describe i am quitting drinking

Date unknown

one night few years back went to party (usually when i party i try to find a woman, when that fails i get really waisted) got waisted freind found me a couple of women for me and i passed out

monday night

buddie of mine got bottle of evercleer 95% alcahol (precent not proof it was 190 proof) four of us me, my girlfreind, curt and his new woman. so we go up to the shed to get waisted gave the girls a bottle of smirnoff raz while me and curt drank over half of the fifth of everclear needless to say much of that came back up. try to sober up then stumble into house sucessfully sneeking two women up to my room. curt passed outy on the floor so it was me and two hot women on my bed so what does the big loser of myself do ............ passed the f--k out didnt try to have any fun with the two women

These two events are causing me to quit drinking

don't know how old you are but i can say that i have been there, and done that. i will say if you are drinking everclear then it is past time to quit. that stuff is bad news. at least you are able to see what you have missed out on. not drinking is not as bad as you may think. i drink only once in a blue moon. but i don't miss it , and it is a hell of alot easier getting up in the morning as well!

I'm gald I don't have to look out the kitchen window to see what shape my car is in. Don't miss going to jail either. Sober since Oct. 1988 :headbang:

Ahh Everclear......the nectar of the gods......Last summer on vacation I drank half a bottle (fifth) on my own. I was mixing it with Red Bull and Gatorade. Tastes great and you don't know the alcohol is there until it hits you. I remember my wife (fiance then) feeding me taco bell so I had some food to suck up the Everclear.....she put me to bed but I kept getting up and coming to the living room.....I called her mom a faggot which everyone laughed and still pick on me about it. I then proceded to uh evacuate the tacos.....My wife laughed that she has never seen tacos look exactly the same when they came back up as when they went in.......like I never chewed them. I just stick to Captain Morgan now.

Its good that you're quitting. I have a lot to drink on the weekends, but ONLY on the weekends. As much as I may want a beer or two or six after work, I deny it to myself, which keeps it from becomming a habit that I'll have to kick down the road.

Hard liquor is the worst for getting into trouble with, stick with beer, it takes a ton to get to the point of being out of control. I drink 2-3 beers at dinner time most days, and if inclined a little more in the evenings on weekends. If I want a little shove, a shot or two of whiskey or frozen vodka is all that is needed, for me to put me over the edge. What ever you do, dont drive......

I'd bore you with all of the alcohol stories I have. Instead I'll share just one. My brother drinks beer. A LOT and rarely anything else. He has been in and out of rehab and everything else. It all started with just a few on the weekends and then a couple after work just to "unwind". His liver is shot and we have watched an uncle drink himself to death the sameway. Our grandfather and his brother were killed while he was drinking and driving. My stepbrother was killed whenever his mom was drinking and driving. Sometimes we got to quit while were ahead and if you think you need resources, please pm me.

-
Back