I think I bought the wrong header...

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Hi,

could someone confirm me if I am rigth to think that these headers are not the good one for my 72 Dart? ](*,) :eek:ops:
headers_sm.gif

The guy sold me these telling me they were for an A-body, and I could not verify at that time if that was true...So after I search and found out that they look more like headers for a Dodge Pickup, then for a Dart. In fact they look like a mirror (almost) of what I have seen for a Dart.

So thanks for the help
I just want to 100% sure, before I call him to see how we can work this out.

Not for an A-body. The drivers side will interfer with the center link on your steering.

They're backwards ! They look like right hand drive headers. They look just like mine but switched around.

the one on the right looks like mine however the one on the left looks to be for a truck or ramcharger, ditto on what dgc333 said

Thanks again guys for the help.

I have called the guy and he agreed on taking it back and gaving me back my money... so the 8-) is back.

I begin to think that it will finish with a set of brad new Hedman. 210$ (cnd)+tx with gaskets and hardware....

MoparFan said:
Thanks again guys for the help.

I have called the guy and he agreed on taking it back and gaving me back my money... so the 8-) is back.

I begin to think that it will finish with a set of brad new Hedman. 210$ (cnd)+tx with gaskets and hardware....

That is great MoparFan. Here is something for you to think about. Hedgman headers leaks bad. It will look and sounds great when you first hook them up, but after a day or so of running them, you will begin hearing that leak. If you can wait and save up some money and get something aquivalent to TTI's. I would recommend you doing that. I've gone throu the Hedgman and Black Jacks. They were nothing but trouble. I've try everything from double gasket, to trying to hot and cold torque the bolts. Nothing works. Then a friend of mine told me about TTI's. Haven't had any trouble with them yet, but its only been a few months. That's a few month longer then those other. There are some other real nice headers out there, but I just can't recall the name brand right now. I'm sure someone will jump in and tell you. Just putting in my two cents. Good Luck. :)

Larry G

-
Back