I think I got hosed by a fabo member?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest Mopar Muscle (June 2010) has an article titled something like "Power Brakes Without a Booster" and it features a new master cylinder that is for use with manual brakes and decreases the effort considerably. The master cylinder was made by Red Bore. It may be something else you could consider.

Cosidering the age of the part and the price what were you expecting ?????? mint part,,, a little water and some rusty bolts not an issue. sandblast and change the studs. You only paid 50.00 for the part....... !!!!!

Cosidering the age of the part and the price what were you expecting ?????? mint part,,, a little water and some rusty bolts not an issue. sandblast and change the studs. You only paid 50.00 for the part....... !!!!!

Wow that is quite a first post HUH?

Ya but ,,,,buyer beware when a new one or re-man is aprox 160-200 canadian dollars what did he expect. I tell them like I see um. If he didnt ask for pictures then I would think its his bad.
Cheers from the great white north.

I wouldn't bet my car/life on used brake parts. If you buy used brake parts just think of them as cores needing a rebuild.

You got bad parts that look bad….. I could clean up a bad booster and MC, charge double the price and send someone down the road to destruction.

my booster is bad also a1 cardon will do return and rebuild
on it with no price they are no long out there
i think on mine i will just convert it to manual brakes

Picture 207.jpg

Picture 208.jpg

Ya but ,,,,buyer beware when a new one or re-man is aprox 160-200 canadian dollars what did he expect. I tell them like I see um. If he didnt ask for pictures then I would think its his bad.
Cheers from the great white north.

If you would have payed more attention you would have seen that I did get pictures....they were just deceiving compared to what it looked like in person!

I was under the impression it was a working part.

I would NOT have decided to go with a used part IF a new or remanufactured one was readily available......going used was not my first choice....it was my last resort for keeping it power brakes.

Nut I would not object to going to manual as i had said before....but even doing so I will still be in the boat of needing parts to convert it to manual brakes and I am having trouble finding a brake pushrod and whatever else may be needed

my booster is bad also a1 cardon will do return and rebuild
on it with no price they are no long out there
i think on mine i will just convert it to manual brakes

sounds like you have seen first hand also that these are not as simple to get as everyone has made it sound

Still no word back from this guy yet!.

Ill wait it out a bit longer....maybe he is a church going man on sundays?

sure hope he isnt avoiding the hole thing.

UPDATE:

Although he is a VERY hard person to get in contact with (does not check emails often by the looks of it) He is a man of his word!.

He refunded me $30.00 of my money back today as we had discussed.

I told him that in all fairness he could keep some of the money so that it would cover his expenses for shipping and he would have some left over to buy lunch or something.

anyhow, it is all resolved and he is an understanding person and did not give me any hassle about a refund ....just a little hard to get ahold of is all.

I am sure he did not intentionally try to pull one over on me....he was just under the impression it was good so that is what he told me.

I am happy with getting a partial refund (better than no refund LOL)

so in the future I don't think anyone should hesitate doing business with drive48.

Rule of thumb, always ask for detailed pictures.

Not sure if you read this thread or not but I did...the pictures were not the best of quality and I was told it was good so I trusted that.

anyhow...all said and done now and without to shabby of an out come....so back on the hunt for the parts I need except I am not going to even bother with trying to find a booster anymore because its to much trouble.

Now if anyone happens to have the pushrod for a manual brake set up for sale I will be back in business.

Those parts may look a bit ruff. What came out water or fluid. U can vacuum check. sitting for a couple of years will make it look that way. I would spend some time cleaning it up and testing. the rebuilder up here say they are getting harder to find. Just a thought before throwing out.

It was water. I popped it apart and it's rusting on the inside to. I'm just going to toss it. It's pretty bad.

Since this situation has come to a positive conclusion, this thread is being closed (along with the request from the original poster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back