I think I might have scored a great pickup today

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Going thru the small town of Walled Lake, Michigan today I spotted a NAPA. Went in and asked a price for a pair of 71 front disc calipers KH four piston for sbp...they had a huge sale going on and I was quoted $30.50 each with only a $16.65 core ! So for less than $100 I got my calipers. Right place at the right time...I hope. Anyone get theirs from NAPA?

Yes, a core charge is what they charge until you bring back the caliper off your car. So the final cost is $30.50 ea. I hope these are as nice as "Calipers Online" look.

I would have bought every one in the store at that price and just paid the core charges. You could make money easily re-selling those!!

Well...the calipers came in and yes, you guessed it...they are wrong (go figure at that price). They are the single piston '73 and up disc calipers. Turns out all the listed 4 piston calipers in the NAPA computer are wrong. $171 per side before the core charge for the KH. Ordered a set from Calipers Online, $75/side.

Imagine that. It would figure, wouldn't it? I was afraid that the price was too good to be true, I hadn't checked for myself to see but like I said I would have ordered as many as I could afford at that price and re-sold them for a tidy profit.......another scheme shot to hell...lol.

-
Back