i think im actually going to start getting things done.

-

rabius75

Reaction score
im getting some money together finally. i think im going to save for a while, i have enough money for my quarters. saturday i think im going to take my car out to the shop, pull the seats and fix the spots of rust on the floor. get a floorpan soon...

shocks are another thing soon to be replaced too, then the bushings all the way around.

im going somewhere with it now!!

Sometimes it takes a while to get your car done!I have mine for almost 5 years and i'm still not completely done with it.Now i'm buying a Duster and will have to start gathering parts for that one. :roll:

Everything from the firewall forward that could be taken off of my Duster was, and that was about 5 yrs ago and it still in the same condition :scratch: I'll get to it one day :eek:ops:
20046201292067581207321.jpg

The hood and hinges were also removed.

I just completed my Duster resto. I took everything out of the interior except the steering column. I removed all of the exterior parts and the W/S. I removed the /6 engine, tranny and rear end and replaced it with a rebuilt 360 and 727 and a 8.75 S/G 3.23. I had the car painted inside and out and I painted the engine compartment. I put new front buckets seat covers, a new headliner and painted all of the plastic pieces 'parchment'. I installed new carpeting and a new rear valance. I re-chromed the bumpers and taillights and put new mirrirs on it. I put it all back together and just finished the front suspension. I put new ball joints, shocks, tie rods, bushings and torsion bars. It took me 9 months of almost daily work to get the car finished. I started the motor in February and it caught fire and burned the wire harnesses, distributor, wiper motor, W/S washer reservoir, brake booster, inside the hood and firewall. (ruptured P/S hose) It took me 3 months to get that repaired and repainted (again). I thought I was back working full time! This Duster took a lot of my time but it is finally done. I just need to do some carb tuning and the car will be done. What a feeling it was to take it out on the freeway tonight. It drives like a new car. Well, it is! :cheers:

well, i think im gonna rebuild the motor with like, 9.0:1, hedman hedders, 4bbl intake and carb, high output ignition. new front seats, body work, and im not sure what color i want to paint it, and i may take the vinyl off and finish out the top. some kind of rims, classic resto rims, or maybe some chrome shiny stuffs, not sure. make it a nice daily driver, then get me a dart later on to make a street rod out of :)

OlDuster said:
I just completed my Duster resto. What a feeling it was to take it out on the freeway tonight. It drives like a new car. Well, it is! :cheers:

Sounds great! Do you have pics of it? I'd like to see!

Gotta start somewhere.

Ol duster I hear ya. I can't believe how quick my dart RPM,s with the mild 383 and 3.23's. What a hoot compared to my convertible :D

-
Back