I think it really may be a disease!

-
Me too!!!!! Can't wait to get the hood open. That was one question in my head the whole time. "Did they put consoles in Scamps???" Even if it's not, it was done in the 70's, so I will keep it as found, survivor-ish! :D

I thought the SAME thing when i saw the console!!! Get that hood open and check the tag!!! What year is the car?

As I type this, they are pouring 13 yards of concrete in my garage. Finally, after 15 years, 2-66 Barracudas, 1 Signet Hardtop, 1 Signet Vert, a 2 door post and thousands in parts I HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GET THEM ALL UNDER 1 ROOF AND WORK ON THEM. I currently have 3 of them stored at friends places. The Vert is my driver for now, hope to have 1 fish and the Signet ready for Spring cruisin! It's gonna be a FUN winter in SW Pa.
The wife says I am certifiabley insane and has banned me from this website. I have to sneak on while she's at work!!!!!!!!

He called it a 72. I will be picking it up tomorrow and get all the nitty gritty on it.

Looks like it has the earlier sidemarkers on it though- looks like a '71 to me.

Looks like it has the earlier sidemarkers on it though- looks like a '71 to me.

Hmmm....man you guys are observant! I was looking at the dash and wondering the year. Didn't 72 have another light on the lower left side? Now another thing is that steering wheel, kinda weird with two colors. He musta customed that.

It's not a '72 for sure.
Consoles in scamps?
I've seen a few of them factory built that way, not too common on a Scamp though.
There was one in town here identical to your brown one except it was a yellow exterior. It had a shark tooth grill in it and the guy said it was original to the car, but i don't think so. He owned it since the car was 1 year old. It's now being restored in Calgary.
It also had the sbp disc brakes on it.

It's not a '72 for sure.
Consoles in scamps?
I've seen a few of them factory built that way, not too common on a Scamp though.
There was one in town here identical to your brown one except it was a yellow exterior. It had a shark tooth grill in it and the guy said it was original to the car, but i don't think so. He owned it since the car was 1 year old. It's now being restored in Calgary.
It also had the sbp disc brakes on it.

Hey....a....what ya doin' tomorrow?! :D

Hmmm....man you guys are observant! I was looking at the dash and wondering the year. Didn't 72 have another light on the lower left side?

It was the selt belt light on the lower left and that wasn't until the '72 model year, so unless the dash was changed out I would have to say you have a '70 or '71.

Hey it's not a disease. We are normal and everyone else are abnormal

the pattern on the seat covers are corect 71 with the little seat medalions like that......so that interior looks really correct

all this time i was think that scamps were not available with bucket seats and console ......i am holding my breath to see this fender tag

the steering wheel has a dodge emblem in the center so that makes sense that it dont match

in 71 i have only seen dart GTs with that setup which are ultra rare.

could they have had a scamp sales package to equivalent the dart GT. interesting stuff here

in 71 i have only seen dart GTs with that setup which are ultra rare.

could they have had a scamp sales package to equivalent the dart GT. interesting stuff here

Well, for '71 you'd be looking at roughly 1255 GT's. That's a % of a production number though, not an exact documented figure.

But I don't think those were the only bucket seat/console cars that year. I'm a bad person to ask though since both of my '71's are GT's, so they're both set up that way.

Would be interesting to see the fender tag for sure. Or the buildsheet, depending on where it was built. Looks like the upholstery is all intact, so you might have an intact buildsheet too.

Nice score George! Which one are you going to drive to Moparfest this year?

Thanx.....um, if all goes well....the Scamp! :D

Another thing I'm having trouble identifying is the seats. I haven't been able to find that kind of latch in the for sale section. The button is different than all the ones I see.
Edit: I just found the same latch in a 71 Road Runner interior.

Well, for '71 you'd be looking at roughly 1255 GT's. That's a % of a production number though, not an exact documented figure.

But I don't think those were the only bucket seat/console cars that year. I'm a bad person to ask though since both of my '71's are GT's, so they're both set up that way.

Would be interesting to see the fender tag for sure. Or the buildsheet, depending on where it was built. Looks like the upholstery is all intact, so you might have an intact buildsheet too.

well basically a GT is a Dart custom with a sales package put together to include some interesting options (c55, C15) .........

im not familiar with scamps ....was there sub-models of the scamp ???

as far as i knew they were all VH23XX which makes them a sub-model themselves of the Valiant line.

As a Drug and Alcohol counselor might I suggest a 12 step program! And... all of you who have responded have given me the opportunity for the temptation of falling off the wagon...So I am headed out to buy another 1971 Dodge 100 shortbed 4X4. I changed my addiction...to be honest...I LOVE IT ALL!

Well the fender tag is there, I found a build sheet and I believe this car is stock all the way! Manual drums all around and manual steering. AM/FM radio with dual rear speakers. I had to climb through the back seat and unbolt the mechanism, but when I opened the trunk I found the jack, a spare and 4 hubcaps that must weigh 5 pounds each! The rust is minor, the trunk is almost rust free. Haven't ripped up the carpet yet but from underneath it looks promising. This disease is fun! :blob:

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 188
Here is what I found, fairly plain, I think this one is going to be an original driver, especially if the engine and trans match. I will probably put in power discs though, maybe steering as well.
VH23:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
High
2 Door Hardtop
G1R: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Windsor, ONT, CAN
165925: Sequence numberE44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GY9: Dark Gold Poly Exterior Color
D6XW: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black/White
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
B23: Build Date: November 23
B29239: Order number
GY9: Dark Gold Poly Top Color
C: Canada Specifications
22: Unknown
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
V7W: Accent Stripes, White
END: End of Sales Codes

unreal....the person who ordered that new, must have been on a mission to create something very unique there.

HI. My name is John, I don't have a problem. umm well, maybe.

Looks like a nice ride to make into a daily driver, nice combination of options for that.

I love this car! I'm so happy you found it. I'm glad to see that it is an original buckets/console car, as I'd think that is pretty rare on a Scamp. It looks like a very solid car and that will save you alot of work and alot of headaches down the road! I hope you start a restoration thread so we can keep track on all the progress you are making. Embrace this disease and have fun!!
Andy

Well, it has been a while since this thread has been out and about! My addiction has gotten the better of me again. I have found a 318 console automatic 1968 Baracuda. It looks pretty good from the pics I was sent. I will be looking at it next week. The fellow said a farmer down the road has three that are rougher than his, and asks me if I'm interested in parts......of course I am. So we proceed to text back and forth and he tells me one of the cars was butchered up back when and had a flip front end done on it. Ok........but then he say Formula S! And continues to say 383 with discs. Ok you folks all know here this is leading. So next week I am going to look at the 68, this is for my son who has a liking for these cars. Then of course I will have to go see the others. I'm not sure I won't be coming home with 4 cars!! In the meantime I have to pick up the 62 Savoy and parts car that I purchased earlier this spring. Here is a shot of the 68 and the 62. I'll keep you posted on the "parts cars" later on after I find out the nitty gritty!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 128
Apparently I can only do one photo per post on this iPad :wack:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 141
-
Back