I think its gonna be a LOOOOONG winter

-

dusterdon

Reaction score
Here in the detroit area we've gotten over 10 inches of snow this year already. Been snowing all day today too. I can't remember it being this cold and this snowy this early into the season. Winter doesn't even officially start for 2 more weeks! Got a feeling that there won't be any chances to getting the duster out this winter.

i guess the global warming has not made it to detroit...

Bad weather is good for me, being snowed in is just another excuse to crank the heat up in the garage and work on the car. A few years back I would take my non-mopar car out when we'd get a few nice days in the winter. But getting the power washer out to do a good clean up on the car from all the road salt left over afterwards made me wonder if it was even worth it.

like said,it must be that global warming. hmm, has algore been there recently? Cold weather seems to follow him around.

One year ago we had one heck of an ice storm that shut down parts of central Kansas for 10 days. We were without power for 7 days. I bought a generator to run our furnace to keep us warm. I'll take snow anytime.

Pshh, 10 inches? We get that in one day! It's actually started snowing late this year, I remember we had a blizzard in late October 2006. It's so much fun driving my Duster in the snow too (donuts galore) and I don't have to worry about road salt because they don't use it here in Colorado. Of course, Monument has its own climate independent of the neighboring cities and we usually get much more volatile weather than say Colorado Springs or Castle Rock.

-
Back