I think this is a 1bbl?

-

DodgeLad

Skipped the Light Fandango
Reaction score
but not sure, I don't know how to tell from just looking. It's nearby me and for sale.
slant.jpg

I can't tell for sure, from the picture, but looks like a 1 bbl.
Easiest way to tell a 1 bbl from a 2 bbl (even with the air cleaner on) is look at how many hold down bolts/nuts. 1 bbl has two, 2 bbl has four.

thx I called the guy and he said it's 1bbl, it's in a running 1981 D150 w/4 speed.

It's likely the 4-speed is the OD unit. If possible, I'd snag everything from air cleaner to oil pan, and radiator to transmission. That can be a nice running combo.

It's likely the 4-speed is the OD unit. If possible, I'd snag everything from air cleaner to oil pan, and radiator to transmission. That can be a nice running combo.
You'd prefer the 4-sp over a slant A727 w/lockup?

You'd prefer the 4-sp over a slant A727 w/lockup?

Yup. If you need power 2nd or 3rd will meet the need. If you want to cruise economically stick it in OD. Just don't get on it hard in OD, it's for cruising not pulling hills and heavy weight.

Yup. If you need power 2nd or 3rd will meet the need. If you want to cruise economically stick it in OD. Just don't get on it hard in OD, it's for cruising not pulling hills and heavy weight.
So true. I have a 95 Ram 3500 Cummins, it has a unusual 4:10 gear and OD Auto. 2290,000 mi pulling pretty good trailers. I have to run it in overdrive or it is running tops at 55!! Ha But yes you are correct, that A833 OD the OD is just for cruising!!!! I liked that 88 1/2 slant pickup, last yr for the slant I think.

I guess the guy sold the whole truck. Good for him, he was disabled (so he said) and didn't have to part it out. This is becoming a frustrating experience, bout ready to quit.

-
Back