I though I was seeing double

-
Yeah, $20 K sounds about right. Put a 426 Hemi in it and restore it to get $125k. Too many Chevy investors drove the prices thru the roof.

This car will likely sell for that kinda money , i recently got $ 8500 for a 73 Cuda hard top that needed 3 of the 4 frame rails , floors, and a complete drivetrain overhaul

This car will likely sell for that kinda money , i recently got $ 8500 for a 73 Cuda hard top that needed 3 of the 4 frame rails , floors, and a complete drivetrain overhaul

Oh, so you are also to blame for the high prices then.
You should have told the buyer that 4k would be enough because you didn't want the prices to be driven to high. LOL

Yeah, $20 K sounds about right. Put a 426 Hemi in it and restore it to get $125k. Too many Chevy investors drove the prices thru the roof.

$20k sounds right??? Did you look at the pix of the car?

I bought this one owner, 70 Cuda numbers matching 383 4spd B7/B5 for 11K last year. All there, NO rust anywhere. I think he's high personally.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 006.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 562
  • 007.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 578
  • 009.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 587
'70 cuda... the sexiest and pretty much sorriest designed car ma mopar built. IMO... I bet some e body nut gives close to that!!!!!!
been there done it, had em all.........

A '70 'Cuda convertible? Matching numbers with fender tag and build sheet?

Sure it's only a 318 car, but it's convertible with all its documentation. With as rusty as it is I don't think he'll get $20k for it. But you can ask whatever you like, and I bet he'll get close to $15k for it.

It's been for sale for awhile I think. I felt like I've seen that ad before.

That vin tag in the picture has the wrong rivet in it, stock ones have the rosette rivets, those are round. It has been changed, and the 'new' dash is cracked....

Big red flag....

And why is he trying to cover up the sequence number at the end of the VIN and fender tag...

That car is worth 20K. Maybe a little less, or a little more. Wish I had it. Both the 20 grand and the Car!

The VIN picture isn't the greatest, looks like it could be the right rivets to me. It is an AC car to boot! Price seems right IMO,

$20k sounds right??? Did you look at the pix of the car?

Yes. It is priced about right on the money. E bodies go for stupid money every single day.

That vin tag in the picture has the wrong rivet in it, stock ones have the rosette rivets, those are round. It has been changed, and the 'new' dash is cracked....

Big red flag....

And why is he trying to cover up the sequence number at the end of the VIN and fender tag...

The VIN picture isn't the greatest, looks like it could be the right rivets to me. It is an AC car to boot! Price seems right IMO,

I agree with Dave, the rivet looks fine to me. If you look at the picture closely, that's not a round rivet.

The '70 vert Vin in question. Take a look at the hexagonal corners on the rivet, the one on the right lower side is pretty clear.
attachment.php

A '69 Hemi RoadRunner tag featured in Car Craft

road-runner-vin-number.jpg

Another '70 Challenger tag. This one belongs to the Diamonte Challenger featured in Mopar Action http://www.moparaction.com/Article/DIAMANTE/DIAMANTE.html

K_800x315.jpg

All the rivets are the same. It doesn't have that nice scalloped shape like some of the later rosette rivets, but it looks right to me. As for covering up the sequence number, he's covering the sequence number and the last few of the VIN. Probably just doesn't want the VIN number running around on the internet, wouldn't be the first time someone used a VIN from the 'net to make up some fake tags.

Attachments

• 00P0P_3sHXMxsT0fY_600x450.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 652

Yeah, maybe it's just the picture makes it difficult to tell... :banghead:

Considering people spend big coin to make hard tops into correct e-convertibles, I figure it'll fetch that. Honestly, it's ugly but looks like an easy restore.

Here is my "free to a good home" score from last year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 372
I don't think for a convertible AC car the guy is out of line. I know it's rough but the real E bod verts pull stout money.

-
Back