i want this SOUND ?? HELP ME -- PEFORMANCE.. PLEASE HELP GUYS !!!

-

1994rm250

Reaction score
hey guys i want my slant to sound like this is it possable i can do the the for under 250$ ? just gona keep it untill i get my k frame and tranny and rearr for my 76duster were did he get the cam from ? and i dont feel like spending money on a carb i rather jus try and rejet it and port and polish the manifold and some other things .. this is my every day drive and i need some power.. like i really do its SLOW and i try keeping up with traffic and floor it .. its a DOG !! it RUNS MINT tho No engine problems no oil leaks NOTING knock on wood.. i guess somthing like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmrpoPXC05Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTPcC2xcIM

Unless I'm mistaken, the Barracuda belongs to a guy named Bren who hangs out on .org. Car has a 260 or so inch stroker motor in it.

This is the engine that was in my Barracuda before I swapped in the 360.

image003.jpg

I had a deep rumble at idle and an impressive sounding roar at WOT. i got many compliments on the sound (sorry no WAV file).

I had a mild comp cam, increased compression, 6 into 2 headers and dual exhaust. The exhaust was 2.25" tubes to 18" long glass paks and 2.25" tail pipes to the bumper. I had an H-pipe cross over right at the end of the tranny. Prior to adding the H-pipe it was pretty awful sounding and it was quite amazing how much a difference the cross over made.

I figured I picked up about 40-50 HP with the mods noted.

Anyway, you aren't going to get there for $250 but with some careful shopping and a couple of eBay scores you can likely do it for around $800.

Head machining for increased compression and a clean up valve job $100, Offy 4bbl intake off Ebay $100, used 390 cfm carb $100 off ebay or swap meet, used headers $100 from eBay or swap meet, cam/lifters $150 fro PAW and a dual exhaust from Summit or Jegs $250.

Down in the $250 range you could swap on a Super 6 2bbl manifold and carb and go with an absorbtion muffler like a Magna Flo, Ultra Flo, Aero Chamber, etc. for the deep sound. I would stay away from chambered mufflers like Flowmaster they will be very tinny with a \6.

I sold a super \6 set up for $20 and a new set of 6 into 2 Clifford Headers that were surface rusted for $100 awhile back so there deals to be had if you take your time looking. I sold the complete engine as you see it for $300 and another $75 for the flywheel, clutch and bell housing (guy that bought the engine was going auto).

just cut off your muffler like me ut if you want a good cam check compcams.com they got some awsome towin cams also what carb you got if it si the 1920 holly economaster you can rejet the carb no prob

-
Back