I was afraid

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
20 years ago I was afraid to cut up my 64 Signet feeling that if I did this it would hurt the value in the future but then realizing that in all the years I have been into cars I never saw a non framed vehicle being a top dog in any collection. Though the 64 Valiant as well as the Barracuda and Signet haven't a chassis so to speak and since the value hasn't gone up that much in the past 20 years I still find them very enjoyable and just as easy to combine all the substances needed to perform like the big boys with much less weight then its younger cousins the Duster, Demon and what have you. I truly like this body style and have learned how to make it work as well as make it last, I have lived with this vehicle a very long time and it still looks the same as when it was younger. I drove this as a daily driver through 3 engines and this will be my 4th setup when its electrical system is finalized, outside of destroying the last engine, this car has never given me a problem and the only problem I really ever had was in my own head with my own desires of where I want to be.

I am not by a long shot a purist in any way shape or form and have had and have other vehicles which I treat the same way as my Signet as I am just a car person. I read a lot these days and am peeved at the fact that the EPA has given the oil people a go ahead on adding 5% more ethanol bringing its total to 15% as if this crap is better in automobiles then it was for human consumption as in corn liquor. What exactly are we to do to put our priorities in place towards our automobiles since modifications make us and our vehicles prisoners of the war on our freedom where politicians who hardly drive their own vehicles make decisions for us like we are third world to them. What kind of message would you like to send to them when they haven't realized what exactly they have been doing to us car people.

I have alot more to say but I have to install spark plugs, wires and the HEI distributor before it gets dark,take the dog out and play, hit the mountains and check the outdoor grow before its harvest and I'll check on this later in the day

-
Back