I would like to move my carb

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is the intake and a thread to an adapter
My question is, will this adapter have to be bolted up to my blue adapter??
AND, as you see I have four holes for my carb Holley dual pump ford carb.
I don't want to have to add another adapter, But I would like to spin my carb side ways so the primaries are in the middle like it should be.
Or will this style adapter "being all open with out 4 holes mess with mixture ?
My blue Offey carb plat screws that hold the plate down to the intake are not square and will not let me spin the carb 90 degrees.

Will these work ? or Not ? It reads it's for an Edelbrock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...itemZ310277588858QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

Attachments

• spring%2008%20047.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 218
Mike, too bad you cant rotate the blue spacer 90 degrees? That would have probably been your easiest fix. Is it possible to drill/tap new screw holes in the intake itself? That is, if you were to rotate the blue spacer, is there enough "beef" in the intake to allow 4 more screw holes? (If you can see solid aluminum through the screw holes in the spacer you're probably OK, but if the existing holes partially line up it won't be so easy.)

Mike
I just spin the adapter (your Blue one) 90 degrees and drill and retap the new holes. I also cut out the base of the manifold to be a square bore so the adapter is the only thing with the 4 hole pattern.
Give me a call if you need more info.
Frank

Hi, on a drag race car carbs are mounted sideways so the jets are covered with gas. Just something to think about.

Since no one has bothered to answer your question, I will. YES, those adapters will work. They are not made FOR an Edelbrock, they are made BY Edelbrock to rotate a carburetor. They are made to bolt to the carb flange (your blue piece) to facilitate rotating the carb 90 degrees. I guee you certainly could modify what you have...I thought about it looking at mine. But I'm just gonna get the adapter.

I do not want to drill any holes in my intake or plate, Just me 8)
PM on it's way StrockerScamp.

Thank you StrockerScamp :happy10: You remembered :cheers:
and was thinking about what I was moving forward to do :happy10:
:happy10: Thank you Sooooo much:happy10:

Where did you find that avatar at :toothy10:

-
Back