I would love to build an A-body like this

-
Me too! If I only had the money, time, all the right equipment, a garage to do it all in................

Start gathering parts, some are reproduced, as you know, but most would need to come from donor cars, my guess is you have enough cars to pull the planels off of already! :rolleyes:

Start gathering parts, some are reproduced, as you know, but most would need to come from donor cars, my guess is you have enough cars to pull the planels off of already! :rolleyes:
I would like everything new like they make for the Cudas. I don't want to drill anymore spot welds. My fingers have blisters from the spring punch. I just think it would be so cool to build one like a big model kit. Just think of the size of the box it would come in. Every part , Drive line and interior.

Out of the box A-body kit of your choice.

What would yours be?? I could think of several. The hell with the B's, C's, E's, and the F's. An "A" is the highest grade you can get . Whats your choice?

They do it for mustangs ( well technically a carcus)

Only problem I see is smog and registration, back in the day in CA the engine determined the smog requirements. If you swapped in a 1980 small block into a 65 mustang you had to have all the smog crap that the 80 had.

Last edited:
I would like everything new like they make for the Cudas. I don't want to drill anymore spot welds. My fingers have blisters from the spring punch. I just think it would be so cool to build one like a big model kit. Just think of the size of the box it would come in. Every part , Drive line and interior.

What would yours be?? I could think of several. The hell with the B's, C's, E's, and the F's. An "A" is the highest grade you can get . Whats your choice?
I think I would do a Duster OR Demon.

Yup. 1970 Duster. In Sassy Grass.

Well Steve if ANYBODY could pull that off it would sure be YOU!!

I have often thought about this. With a blank slate, what would I build from scratch? I'd stick with a Demon/Duster body with a 1969 Dart nose treatment.

Then, I wouldn't feel bad going with a full cage, a Tremec 6 speed and a later (600+hp) Viper V10. I'd also go with an independent rear end, rack and pinion steering, possibly massaging the fenders to be able to run something like 325s all around...but I would stay with torsion bars! I believe in them. :)

I wouldn't do any of this stuff to a genuine A-body and totally distort what is already a lovable, capable, solid car... but with all new parts, I would LOVE to see how far this platform could go.

I'm going with a Super Stock Dart to put my Hemi in. :thumbsup:

-
Back