I'd appreciate some intake suggestions

-

Raleigh Rocket

Shake 'n' Bake!
Reaction score
Quick and simple: From a performance standpoint, should I buy an intake for the triple Webers ($200 +shipping) or get the Clifford 4bbl manifold?

I hear very good things about the Aussie intake.

Is there anything wrong with the Offenhauser? Just wonderin why nobody recommends it. I know lots of people run it. Don't forget too, the Super 6 intake shouldn't be overlooked for stock to moderate engines. I believe those Weber carburetors are somewhat budget unfriendly, too.

Whoooo! $425!? That"s a lot of jack for a blue collar hick such as myself.:angry7:

You said "quick and simple" and "from a performance standpoint". You said nothing about a budget, or what aplication. A 3-2 bbl Webber setup will set you back over a grand. Time for a reallity check.

You said "quick and simple" and "from a performance standpoint". You said nothing about a budget, or what aplication. A 3-2 bbl Webber setup will set you back over a grand. Time for a reallity check.

Yeah, I hear you. I figured I could scoop up the intake and get a Weber carb every now and then as my wallet permitted or I could spend around $200 for a used Clifford on ebay. This engine is getting done right if it takes me a decade.

I probably should have mentioned that my Valiant is my dd, too.

-
Back