Idea's For A Cheap Compression Gain???

-

71SCAMPY

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Guy's I Have A 318 Low Compression Motor Only About 135psi In The Cylinders. I Have 302 Castings That Have Been Milled About .027 Thousands Block Was Deck Just To Insure Straightnes. My Question Is Anybody Know Of A Cheap Way To Get A Little More Compression Without Breaking The Bank! I Have A 340 Retro Cam Msd Ign. Dist. Holley 670 Street Avenger On A Wieand Stealth Intake. Any Ideas Would Great Thank's

Not Sure Engine Is Still In The Car, I Kinda Figured I Would Have To Swap Pistons I Was Thinking Of Going With 360j Heads And A Set Of Kb 399 Domes That Should Do The Trick But I Thought I Would Just Ask In Case Someone Had Any Other Ideas

My 65 273 had new pistons, but were .045 in the hole. I decked the block .040 and milled the heads .030. Now it has 9 to 1. Also had to cut the intake side on the heads and the top of the block so the intake would fit.

yEAH I DIDNT WANT TO HAVE TO GET THE BLOCK DECKED AND DEAL WITH ALL THAT.. I HAVE A 70 318 SHORT BLOCK THAT IM SAVING TO MAKE 390 STROKER I WILL MOST LIKEY BE DOING ALL SORTS OF THINGS TO THAT, BUT FOR NOW IM TRYIN TO DO THINGS ON THE CHEAP AS MUCH AS I CAN WITHOUT CUTTING TO MANY CORNERS. I AM HOPING I CAN GET AT LEAST 9.5 TO 10.1 COMPRESSION WITH THE J HEADS AND THE KB 399 PISTONS WITH OUT DECKING THE BLOCK ANY MORE THAN IT HAS BEEN ALREADY I DUNNO WILL SEE.

don't know how much you woulg get but think about going to steel shimmed head gaskets....do the math and figure it out may help....

-
Back