identify this intake

-

Jeremiah1981

Master Shake in Training
Reaction score
I have this extra Intake that came with my Dart. I am just trying to identify it...I have some part numbers, I think, I see 2 numbers and haven't had any luck with google or on here. There isn't a brand name, but I have some images (really crappy cell pics, sorry) and some numbers.

the number that is in the image is 4273131

the other numbers I found are 4104578 2 0511

Any ideas?
:tongue8:

intake1.jpg

intake2.jpg

intake3.jpg

intake4.jpg

That is the factory aluminum 2 bbl "super six" intake. Its the e-beam welded one that is prone to cracking and leaks. They are either good or bad. For the best results have them epoxy coated then powder coated.
Frank

For the best results have them epoxy coated

Frank, how do I do this? Do you have a brand and maybe a link or a how to? I am fairly new to working on cars, though I have loved cars for as long as I can remember.

-Jeremiah

PM Cudachick68 at Phoneix Coatings on this board. She can do all of it cheaper than you or I can.
PS I cant spell worth ****
Frank

SUPER SIX i have linkage diagram if you need it.

SUPER SIX i have linkage diagram if you need it.
If you could send me the diagram you would be saving my life! I've been trying to put together a super 6 manifold, carb and linkage setup piece-by-piece for the past three years without any guidance. It would be such a huge help if you could send me a copy of it! This is what I've got so far, and I only just got the carb today from three different tries of ordering different ones that never fit on the flange.

image.jpeg
Still have to get the heat rider welded since there's a crack in there that goes all the way through to under the carb, but I've already drilled all of those nasty cones out that are in there, so my welder's gonna have a pretty easy time with it. I'll probably have it powder coated too to seal it up completely without any suspicion of possible leakage.

Your not going to powder coat the heat stove as it will just melt out. I had one like that and it cracked in the cones too. Yours looks a little different in the heat stove. Mine had little bumps in there, not like yours. If you cant weld it, just put a blank plate under it and get an EGR plate. Those intakes were ugly, even the dealers didnt like the way they looked when they rolled off the transport.

I picked up the same E beam welded intake from an 80 Dodge pickup. I JB welded all the way around the seams. Hoged out the center and used an adapter to mount a Holley 350. I applied 4 heavy coats of high temp black engine paint. Installed with new gaskets and rtv. Torqued to factory specs. No leaks and runs great. Yes it doesn't look the greatest but they are pretty cheap.

I also suggest when you install, that you mount exhaust and intake at about 3/4 torque to the head. then fully torque the intake /exhaust together. remove them from the head as a single assembly, then have them surfaced. you can get a new stud/nut kit from any Dodge dealership, and they are worth every penny if yours are tired.

I just asked the guy at the parts desk at Tacoma Dodge on a whim when I was getting my oil changed in my diesel. The guy just chuckled, then was wide eyed realizing he had a complete set. including studs and all the shims etc.

Yeah, but he was wide-eyed because that hardware pack was discontinued many years ago, and he happened to have one left in stock.

Yeah, but he was wide-eyed because that hardware pack was discontinued many years ago, and he happened to have one left in stock.

You can be such a downer Dan, bud sadly you are probably correct..

-
Back