Identify this lifter?

-

cgfen

Reaction score
From a 69 383, (Sorry for posting in the SB forum, but did not see a R / RB specific forum.......).

Mainly just trying to see if this is Original / OEM / Aftermarket?
I suspect aftermarket since I don't remember seeing the "two tone" look back in the day.
It's Hydraulic and surprisingly there is no oil port anywhere around the circumference.

cheers

Craig
aftermarket lifter.jpg

The brown color sure looks like petroleum 'varnish' on the lower end of the lifter where it hangs below the lifter bore; that area never get any wear from the bore to keep the varnish off.

The is a Big Block forum...

From a 69 383, (Sorry for posting in the SB forum, but did not see a R / RB specific forum.......).

Mainly just trying to see if this is Original / OEM / Aftermarket?
I suspect aftermarket since I don't remember seeing the "two tone" look back in the day.
It's Hydraulic and surprisingly there is no oil port anywhere around the circumference.

cheers

Craig[/QUOTE/]
No pinhole in the oil groove..??? Some companies sold solid cams with "converted" hyd. lifters, there was a solid insert retained w/a clip instead of the plunger/adjuster.
Adjustable valvetrain on that 383?

The brown color sure looks like petroleum 'varnish' on the lower end of the lifter where it hangs below the lifter bore; that area never get any wear from the bore to keep the varnish off.

The is a Big Block forum...

You are spot on, the two-tone IS petroleum varnish.
So do you think this lifter is original?

Thanks
Craig

-
Back