Identify this sending unit

-

mopowers

Reaction score
What type of sending unit is this? I'm guessing water temp, but what is the screw for in the top of the piece? Some sort of adjustment?

0903151923_zpsrwdadjxb.jpg

0903151924_zpshk8x5koh.jpg

What are we workin on, here?

Pratt_Whitney_engine.JPG

Whatever that is, it's not an OEM sender off a "traditional" A body

Dunno, I did see something like this on a truck I worked on sometime ago some where.
Somehow I can't recall... Sorry

All kidding aside, it is a possible smog component of some sort, maybe ignition.

I worked on a 78 brand X once that had just a ton of vacuum switches and hoses, some of which were connected to a temperature sender. My guess is the center post is for the temp gauge and the spade connector goes to some sort of emission control. Let me know if I win the prize.

Intake air charge temperature sensing switch, p/n 4111 482. It is not adjustable—that's not a screw, it's a just a split-barrel male terminal. Threads into the intake manifold. Talks to the EGR controller. Shows up in '78-'86 Dodge Truck FPCs…probably a little earlier and later, too, but that's the range I have easy access to. Want a new one?

Intake air charge temperature sensing switch, p/n 4111 482. It is not adjustable—that's not a screw, it's a just a split-barrel male terminal. Threads into the intake manifold. Talks to the EGR controller. Shows up in '78-'86 Dodge Truck FPCs…probably a little earlier and later, too, but that's the range I have easy access to. Want a new one?

Awesome! Thanks. That is the exact number on it. And, no thanks- I don't want a new one. In fact, I don't want this one. Do you, before I toss it?

-
Back