Identify which switch I need

-

StevieMac

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 70 Duster that was a /6 and now has a 340. When I bought the car, it didn't have the wiper switch in it. I have looked at mymopar.com to try to get a part number so I could see if one is available out in the world, but the one that is listed there doesn't appear to match the plug in the car. I have also searched here, but not finding anything either... Can someone give me the correct part number for the switch that will work with the attached photo?

Cheers!

IMG_20190825_180847.jpg

You need to find out what motor you have first. You can download a service manual from MyMopar for free. The 3 speed motor looks quite different from the 2 speed.

Three speed wiper switch will have a ceramic resistor on the side. No resistor on the two speed switch.
Its easy to identify the wiper motor with a glance. If it sits sideways, parallel with the firewall then its a 3 speed. If it sticks straight out of the firewall its a two speed.

Three speed wiper switch will have a ceramic resistor on the side. No resistor on the two speed switch.
Its easy to identify the wiper motor with a glance. If it sits sideways, parallel with the firewall then its a 3 speed. If it sticks straight out of the firewall its a two speed.

So looking at this, it looks like a 3 speed based on your description, correct? If so, which switch should I look for?

Thanks again!

IMG_20190826_193455.jpg

You have a 3 speed motor so you need a 3 speed switch for 70 Duster. Is this a trick question?

As 67dart273 said, download a parts manual....get the part # that goes with 3spd(variable) switch to match your motor.

As 67dart273 said, download a parts manual....get the part # that goes with 3spd(variable) switch to match your motor.
So, if you look at the parts list, all I see are two speed switches, hence my question. Since replacements are so expensive, I thought that I would ask others instead of just throwing money away.

-
Back