identifying seats

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
I got these seats for my Scamp out of a 71 dart. The original owner doesn't know if they are factory or not because they were in the car when he bought it. I'm trying to buy new foams and covers but can't ID these buckets. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20130612_060725.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 231
I had a 71 Demon with seats like that. Take the medallion from the seat pictured below and they look the same.

Attachments

• 71_Valiant_Duster_7.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 71_Valiant_Duster0009.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 200
How about a pic of the back side, should have a plastic back. The top of the seat is original where your head rests, the rest is recovered/patched in. The top is identical to my 74 Satellite bucket seats, so I would say those are 71-74 B-Body seats.

The backs are of hard plastic and use to be the baby **** green color but have been painted black.

I had a 71 Demon with seats like that. Take the medallion from the seat pictured below and they look the same.

I know what your talking about but when I looked at the new covers from Year One the seat bottom stitching isn't even all the way across like mine are. There are wider areas between the stitching towards the outside of the seat on the replacements.

Here are some B-body seats

Attachments

• $T2eC16J,!yME9s5qF1UyBRc2ci1B)!~~60_35.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 71%20charger%20005.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 182
yes there was a clear difference between the insert and the sides where with these seats they flow as one. I vote recovered, but correct seats.

I know what your talking about but when I looked at the new covers from Year One the seat bottom stitching isn't even all the way across like mine are. There are wider areas between the stitching towards the outside of the seat on the replacements.

yes there was a clear difference between the insert and the sides where with these seats they flow as one. I vote recovered, but correct seats.

So your saying they are the correct seats but different covers? I noticed that most of the mopar buckets look like the same basic shape. Does this mean that I could use any cover I wanted to?

A,B and E bodies all used very similar seats with different material/ patterns. I know the tracks are different, but cant say definitively that the seat frames are the same, but assume they are.

-
Back