"Idiot light" vs. Oil Pressure Gauge

-
I had a Big-Ole Open Spot on the Dash where a Formula S Tachometer could go...
I put a set of Volts/Oil gauges there for some extra assurance.

g1.jpg

Here is an oil pressure gauge Plumbed in along with the working electric dash gauge and idiot light. So that is actually showing 3 ways to see oil pressure.

Always like a gauge to be able to see the real pressure.

View attachment 1716308724

'89 D100, 318

☆☆☆☆☆
That is alot of weight vibrating on a tiny 1/8" thread.
I think a better mouse-trap would be to mount gauge and sender on the firewall, and run a line from the engine block up to the gauge.

How often will you look at a gauge?
I have the Factory Rally Cluster, and I rarely look at the gauges. If my engine went down, I wouldn't know it till it was down, even if I had 4" gauge up on the dashpad.
The only gauges I check regularly are
1) the Speedometer; 25 years and not one speeding ticket in this car,
even tho it could cruise at 120 in double overdrive., I mean that's how fast the guy in the Corvette, I was following, was going....... But man the wind is loud!
and I check the ammeter after every 7000 rpm blast, which is 65.7 mph in First-over, just to make sure the belt is still on.
Oil pressure? well, the gauge is down by the gas gauge somewhere, and in the dark. At my age, if I took my eyes off the road to read the tiny graduations, who knows what direction I'd be going after I looked up, and I still gotta refocus!
So I vote light, but it better be a good one. and if I decided to get one, I'd install it on the tach which is up on the dashpad, where my overdrive/splitter light, and hill-holder lights are.

How often will you look at a gauge?
I have the Factory Rally Cluster, and I rarely look at the gauges. If my engine went down, I wouldn't know it till it was down, even if I had 4" gauge up on the dashpad.
The only gauges I check regularly are
1) the Speedometer; 25 years and not one speeding ticket in this car,
even tho it could cruise at 120 in double overdrive., I mean that's how fast the guy in the Corvette, I was following, was going....... But man the wind is loud!
and I check the ammeter after every 7000 rpm blast, which is 65.7 mph in First-over, just to make sure the belt is still on.
Oil pressure? well, the gauge is down by the gas gauge somewhere, and in the dark. At my age, if I took my eyes off the road to read the tiny graduations, who knows what direction I'd be going after I looked up, and I still gotta refocus!
So I vote light, but it better be a good one. and if I decided to get one, I'd install it on the tach which is up on the dashpad, where my overdrive/splitter light, and hill-holder lights are.

I’m confused. You rarely look at your gauges. Do you rarely look at the speedometer?

I’m curious because I’m always looking at my gauges. I’m also looking in the mirrors.

I’d go nuts not looking.

-
Back