Idiot Lights

-

PhillH

Reaction score
When I turn on my key nothing happens as far as idiot lights doing a bulb check. I just assumed I was going to deal with this when I change out the gauges, the key buzzer does work, I unplugged it, it's an awful sound lol. Today I bent my brakes lines a little to get them a bit farther away from the headers. Later I was in the car and when I pushed the brake the brake warning light came on nice and bright, cracked one of the lines. Question is, shouldn't these bulbs do a check every time you turn on the key?

"........................sigh......................" Ok, what are we working on, and what idiot lights are you talking about?

No initial indicator lamps at all in a rally panel. Unless the park brake is set, Only indication of power in the panel at switch on is fuel gauge movement.
The standard panels with a oil lamp should show that oil lamp until oil pressure turns it off.

right, sorry Dart I forgot to include again that its a 71 Scamp.
Ok so no bulb check, the oil pressure light did not work but thats on a gauge no anyway so no issue there. Thanks.

No initial indicator lamps at all in a rally panel. Unless the park brake is set, Only indication of power in the panel at switch on is fuel gauge movement.
The standard panels with a oil lamp should show that oil lamp until oil pressure turns it off.

Yup. Brake indicator light, so set the parking brake, or ground the oil sender wire to test.

Since you have a gauge, I would install a tee and hook the oil lamp back up.

-
Back