Idiot local TV broadcasters............

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Here we are in a state of local emergencies, MANY dangerous fires raging in the region, and what does the TV broadcasters decide to do?

TAKE MANY STATIONS OFF THE AIR to do some sort of maintenance. I can normally receive KXLY 4 off both the main transmitter on Mt Spokane AND the translator/ relay hill locally (Canfield Butte) , but they both seem to be down

So the tally is...........2, KREM/ CBS and 2.2, 2.3 are "up," but 4 (KXLY ABC), 6 (KHQ NBC), 7, 12 (BOTH PBS)and 28 KAYU (FOX) and all the sub channels are off the air

I'm sure you guys know how utterly useless AM/ FM broadcast stations has become........our only local AM/ FM station in town plays about a 25mile long tape loop of canned so called "music." They don't even "do" news

Wanna hear how annoying THAT IS? here......

KVNI

Replacing burnt down transmitter towers probably qualifies as 'maintenance'. Jus' sayin'.

There were no fires anywhere near the transmitters or other equipment. "In a previous life" I've been to all three sites to do two-way / E911 work. juz sayin' LOL

Yeah our local "classic rock" station is like that. SAME songs over and over and over again.

Well I would much rather listen to a loop that 100 stations of Tejano music. Oh yeh; I’ve heard the news and it’s all bad, you haven’t missed anything.

You could be stuck with a broken radio in your vehicle, like me, that won't shut off, and won't let you change the station.

Can't speak to your TV broadcast issue, but I hope you and all other West and Northwest members stay safe.

Nasty day today, I'd guess visibility about 1/2 mile. Dirty, stinking, brown haze/ smoke. Wx guy say "hazardous stay indoors"

-
Back