Idle surge

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Was in town yesterday and a 57 Cheby pulled up next to me with a roots blown big block. Whats up with the funky surge at idle? Is it just a bad tune??

Like it would idle up and down in RPM? If it is a new motor with a coputer they can put a tune in there called "Blend" so it does not have that choppy idle where it sounds like it wants to die. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Usually that blower surge at idle is caused from being to rich, however I love the sound of mine.

Usually that blower surge at idle is caused from being to rich, however I love the sound of mine.
Is there any way to "tune" it out? Or do you just get it the best you can and live with??

its probably on a race tune as stated above its running rich but as he gets on it the more its equaling out in the a/f ratio making the power

its probably on a race tune as stated above its running rich but as he gets on it the more its equaling out in the a/f ratio making the power

BINGO! Running rich at idle and living with the idle surge is waaay cheaper than a good idle and running lean under boost.

-
Back