If all goes well.....Meet my new RHD Valiant!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Barring any unforeseen paperwork issues, I will finally have a car I have always wanted. I've been searching for a clean and original example of a south African Valiant for almost a year. Being that I can't must hop in the car and run to the next town to see it for myself, has been a giant hurdle to overcome. I have found several potential examples, but this one, by far, is the nicest one I have come across. Pricing on these cars over there is all across the board. The asking price on this one is roughly $4900 US. Which, yes, is a ton of money for a 4 door A body. I've negotiated with the owner and settled for quite a bit less than the asking price, but is still way more than I have ever spent on a 4 door mopar lol. But, this isn't your average 4 door A body. I have always wanted a right hand drive mopar, and the A body cars are obviously on the top of my list. This is a South African 1972 Valiant Regal, with the good old 225 slant six. The slant is the only motor Chrysler ever offered in these cars when new. Even the Valiant Charger wasn't available with a V8. I plan on keeping the car basically the way you see it, but power-train wise will receive some attention. The interior is almost mint, and the body has only been re sprayed once. No signs of any rust, except for in the spare tire well. Imagine that! My friend Tim is in South Africa working with a customer of mine, and they both did me a huge favor and checked the car out. By the looks of it, all of the paperwork is in order on the car, but I am still waiting on am official thumbs up from my customer. He knows what is needed to export the car, and will make sure all is good before it hits the water. Ok enough of the small talk, here are some pics of the Valiant. Yes it looks like a Dart lol. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Valiant regal.JPG 6_resized_1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Valiant regal.JPG4_resized.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Valiant regal.JPG7_resized.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Valiant regal.JPG3_resized.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Valiant regal_resized.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Valiant regal.JPG 2_resized.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 278
Couple more pics.

Attachments

• olx2 - Copy_resized.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 295
  • olx3_resized.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 266
That is a nice looking car, I'm liking the more doors and I don't think the price is bad, very cool, good luck finalizing!!!

Oh now, come on... Turn those pictures back around, the way they're SUPPOSED to be! LOL

Nice car, hope it happens for you. Did they make 2dr versions?

Mike in FL

I'm thinking it's just weird...lol. but - weird works! I like the hubcaps the most I think...

rear arm rest is neat :)
Pretty cool right!
That is a nice looking car, I'm liking the more doors and I don't think the price is bad, very cool, good luck finalizing!!!
Thanks a bunch!
Oh now, come on... Turn those pictures back around, the way they're SUPPOSED to be! LOL

Nice car, hope it happens for you. Did they make 2dr versions?

Mike in FL

Lol yeah it messes with your head a little bit! They only had the Valiant Charger available as a 2 door. It's basically a Demon. The 1970 model had a dart front end, with a duster tail. In 71 it got the demon tail panel. Those cars are especially hard to find. The only 2 I located were almost beyond repair as far as rust goes, and they wanted $10k for them. Oh, they also had the Barracuda. Same story with those cars.

This is another car that I was really interested in but sold really fast. One owner car, and had a 383 swapped in back in the 70's! Really neat car.

Attachments

• $_20 (4).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 245
  • $_20 (3).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 261
  • $_20 (5).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 232
Cool!
I'll be looking for it at MATS if it gets across the Pond in time.

look at all that room on the now passenger side! its BEGGING for a turbo to be stuffed in there.

right had drive turbo six four door exported valiant........... put that on a fender badge. lol

super cool

I have always loved Valiant's and I looking forward to seeing this one in person. :)

That's a cool more door, and I hope it works out well.

cool car but makes me dizzy thinkin bout drivin it!!?????? good luck!!
That's what I am looking forward to! Might get a second job as a rural route carrier! Lol
look at all that room on the now passenger side! its BEGGING for a turbo to be stuffed in there.

right had drive turbo six four door exported valiant........... put that on a fender badge. lol

super cool
That exact plan has been pretty much etched in stone:burnout:
I have always loved Valiant's and I looking forward to seeing this one in person. :)

That's a cool more door, and I hope it works out well.

Hopefully one of these day's we can arrange a meet and greet with AZ Fabo members.

I worked at a used car dealership in San Francisco in the early '80s, we had a right hand drive Jensen 383 I used to drive for errands, something unforgettable about the right hand drive! Good luck with that cool *** 4 door!

-
Back