If I had a car to sell on ebay...

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
if it ran, wouldn't I put the starting bid at $4500? According to Cash for Clunkers, that's the minimum value on all automobiles, at least while the program is in effect.
Just a thought...

Yeah but wouldn't that only be if the buyer plans to spend $20-30k on a new vehicle that they can't haggle for?

But if you weren't gonna buy a new one then why not put a $500 car at say $2000 and let someone else get the some benefit? Cause why buy it for $4500 if all you are gonna get is $4500? That way you make a little green your self and fell good you helpes someone out.

Minimum value $3500 - 4500, only if you have a qualifying auto, not all will qualify. My sons 99 Cavilier does not qualify cause its original rated MPG cannot be improved upon by the required amount. You also have to be buying something new and taking on that payment and full insurance, etc...and You had to have the car registered in your name for a minimum of 1 year before it qualifies for C4C...

Minimum value $3500 - 4500, only if you have a qualifying auto, not all will qualify. My sons 99 Cavilier does not qualify cause its original rated MPG cannot be improved upon by the required amount. You also have to be buying something new and taking on that payment and full insurance, etc...and You had to have the car registered in your name for a minimum of 1 year before it qualifies for C4C...

Like what was mentioned in one of the other post, how many of these new car loans will be fudged to make the deal? This is going to bite our behinds in a year or two. :angry7:

WONT WORK... but scammers try it. The car has to be qualified and one of those requirements is that it was in your name and registered and operational for at least 1 year.

so no... not all ckunkers are worth a immediate 4500. the maximum is $4500.... not the minimum

-RPM

(pretty much what GTGrinly mentioned above now that I see it)

-
Back