if i never have to do that again it'll be too soon

-
One of the most ingenious things I ever say was a neighbor, in NJ, clearing snow from the ridge on his roof. He used his steam cleaner. It removed the snow, and in the bright sunlight of the day allowed most to the water to dissipate before freezing.

All the snow was gone, and a thin and spotty coating of ice was left. By late afternoon the next day it was completely gone.

I never really had an issue with snow and ice on the roof of my house in Jersey as it had a pretty steep roof like, but, sometimes ice damming at the gutters was a problem. The house was a 2 story Williamsburg Colonial, with a day-light basement, and a full walk up attic. Essentially equivalent to 3-1/2 stories to the ridge line. Luckily I never had to go that far.

Not usually a problem here and I only have one story rancher. ( I still won't go up on it in the snow! LOL). A few years ago we had a cycle of snow /thaw / freeze that left me with a bit of a glacier type formation growing out of my garage gutters hanging over the entrance. I solved the problem by throwing ice melt on the roof. Took a few days of that and it was gone.

Don't they make a tool for cleaning snow off of roofs from the ground? Seems to me I have seen people using them. Light weight extension handle with a small blade.

I am reminded of Clark Griswold for some reason...

http://youtu.be/kMtBHA783c8

Who is clark griswold?

Don't they make a tool for cleaning snow off of roofs from the ground? Seems to me I have seen people using them. Light weight extension handle with a small blade.

As a kid, my father came home to see me on the roof clearing the snow, He went out and bought a snow rake that you could pull the snow off the roof from the ground.

Of course, I went to the roof peak and pushed the snow off

Who is clark griswold?

As a kid, my father came home to see me on the roof clearing the snow, He went out and bought a snow rake that you could pull the snow off the roof from the ground.

Lol

snow rakes are in high demand this time of year
one of my coworkers told me he went out to menards to buy one last week and they put him on a waiting list...I think he was number 16

I cant wait for my boy to be old enough that I can send him up there to clean it

I re-did my own roof in 2007 and found that it's code to used the ice shield membrane in Michigan.
I used it in the valleys too, it adds about $1,000 to the cost but is worth it.
My house is 160 plus years old and I had to dig thru three asphalt layers and one wood
layer to get some OSB nailed down. Two weeks, $4700.

My son just did a steel roof on his small ranch house up by T.C. and only took 1-1/2 days,
and less than $3000.

GoDartGo

snow rakes are in high demand this time of year
one of my coworkers told me he went out to menards to buy one last week and they put him on a waiting list...I think he was number 16

Reminded me of this

Attachments

• snow shovel hooker.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 59
Have you never seen any of the "Vacation" movies? If not, Clark Griswold is a character played by actor Chevy Chase in these movies. You should check them out, they're pretty funny.

Thanx, i will pass. There is nothing about Chevy Chase that I have ever found humorous.
Chevy Chase and Bill Murray movies are a waste of time and money. Especially Bill Murray

-
Back