If you could go back, or pick and era to grow up in...would you you?

Would you go back?

• Go back?

Votes: 93 67.9%
  • Stay here?

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • Care less?

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
What's keeping anyone from enjoying any arts and culture of the past? You can buy almost anything, without leaving your front door, these days.

We have technology at a dispose. This means you can take it or leave it. Clearly, we like some parts of it, because we are on here, BS'n' about it.

I don't have a TV that gets signal. I don't care about the programming today, enough to get one.

I'm a little behind the times on what's in movie theaters, who twerked on stage or how stupid a sports player is acting, but something is really good enough, I usually catch wind of it by a friend and check it out.

I play video games once in a while. I like arcade games and NES, over the new ones that require a work week of time to dedicate on a console that costs more than a good induction system. I think MP3 players are great. I think having hard copies of favorites on vinyl and CD is cool, too.

I'll leave the racism, bigotry against women, DDT, lead fallout over major cities and all of the other insanity at the exit of those decades.

The industry was at a height and social life was a disaster. No thanks.

Frontier? No. I like the idea of living past 40.

If I like something from those decades, I'll check it out and maybe participate or make a purchase. There are plenty of antiques to go around for those who are interested.

Why stick myself in any decade, when I can look back on any part of any of them, take what I like and leave the rest?

Birrion dorra Don Johnson 'Cudas are cool... but would anyone keep thinking that, if they weren't worth the Vatican? Do what you like, regardless of values. Even to the blind, hindsight is 20/20. Want quality? You can find it. Want simplicity? Live easily amused.

Excellent statement, Dave. It's a year old, and I missed it. I tweaked late model tech, in my last five, street cars. it applies to life, as well. Good luck , with the house remodel.

Would I want to go back?? not a chance..grew up in the 60's/70's saw just about everything learn a lot, some I'd like to forget..life is just fine here in 2014 with all the lessons learned in the past..

lot of interesting posts..... I turned 16 in ''64 and got my licence and a got grocery store job after school and all day sat. $1 /hr. paid my way, cheap gas and a 49 chevy, not sure of gas mileage but went 30 mi to a qt of oil! a great time in my life till in '64 or 5,, my Marine cousin came home and told us about Nam. my dad spent 4 yr in WW11 and 1 yr in Korea in Marines. the draft? he said if ya get drafted ya got to go, IF you join I WILL kick you *** hard from here to yonder. Yonder was a long way! 1970 I hit the lottery,they drew numbers in Jan, ..... by sept i figured no army. as said on here before, lots of young lives lost... will leave it at that..... BUT all in all, the sixties and early seventies were the best years of my life.....

we find out own happiness. some of the happiest and most satisfied people I know are the Amish. No cars, no electricity, no TV, NO computer..... a gas motor runs some tools, a horse and buggy get them there, in r ain, snow, cold.....Vodka fuels their lamps..... make their own clothes, grow most of their food..... so what is their secret???? maybe its a strong faith in their creator and themselves??????

I was a young teen during the muscle car era, as I was born in 54. I would go back in a heart beat, but only if I could do it all exactly the same as the first time. I had plenty of bad times or at least what I thought were earth shattering then, but some how lived threw them all.

-
Back