If you had $2K to play with...

-
Even if the turbo would bolt right up I don't think it's anywhere close to the correct size. Just a thought. While turbo-ing my 225 would be pretty cool, that's something I would only consider after a proper overhaul.

Even if the turbo would bolt right up I don't think it's anywhere close to the correct size. Just a thought. While turbo-ing my 225 would be pretty cool, that's something I would only consider after a proper overhaul.

Hmmm, if I had 2k to play with, it would be a 231 Buick turbo on a stock slant. Oh but wait I think Shaker223 has already done this and has blown away some NA tail. I would guess for around 1k and if you have any welding sense it can be done. (you must first have a good running stock slant of course). Put the extra 1k into the trans and rearend. Just my 2c
Later
Ryan

AHhhhhHHH! I thought I would get a rise out of the naturally aspirated guys. :-D Anyways, good luck with your build. Later
Ryan

Just in case your still watching this thread:

Bump the compression. Go to dot org to learn how to do it properly.

Get some more converter stall. 2500 is nice. That's 3000 in V8-ese.

Put 3.23's or 3.55's in the rear. At that point, unless your 7-1/4 is junk, you aren't going to hurt it.

See about getting a complete super-six setup. Automatic will need the kickdown rod and the lever on the transmission. Get everything. Lokar or similar will do in a pinch.

CJ

Here is a thread to my total car build. Had it to the track for about $1500 including buying the car. Now up to about $2,000. Is it the best parts? Of course not. It was OK parts for a good price. The idea was to prove it is possible to build a fun car on a limited budget, by doing the work yourself, and shopping for bargains. The car runs high 14's on motor, and mid 13's on nitrous.
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11218

Get the exhaust opened up, a 390CFM holley 4bbl and an intake manifold. If you have money left over, perhaps shave the head and do a cam&valves. Maybe do a rad too?

-
Back