If you think classic Mopar parts are expensive

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
My Wife's daily driver is a 91 BMW 325i convertible and I need to replace the brake master cylinder.
Not only did they come with 2 possible brake systems in some of the same years, but they are expensive little mothers.
250-300 just for the plunger section without the plastic tank.

Gees, I could replace the entire brake system on my Dart for that.:D

My jaguar spark plugs are 16.75 each. Every year when it is time for the inspection, I have an oxygen sensor fail. You have to remove the top half of the motor to get to it
only cost around 850 to get it to pass to please the state of North Carolina. Why do I drive it. It's paid for

Last of the E30s.... GREAT CAR ! Just sold my 89 325ic a few years ago.
Actually most parts for that car are very reasonable.

I want an E30 M3....

I want an E30 M3....

I agree it's good little car, but when something does go I have to fix it.
I have since this pic put all the interior upholstery back factory stock.

bmw.jpg

My Wife's daily driver is a 91 BMW 325i convertible and I need to replace the brake master cylinder.
Not only did they come with 2 possible brake systems in some of the same years, but they are expensive little mothers.
250-300 just for the plunger section without the plastic tank.

Gees, I could replace the entire brake system on my Dart for that.:D

I agree it's good little car, but when something does go I have to fix it.
I have since this pic put all the interior upholstery back factory stock.

View attachment 1715038048
ohh oww waa... my wallet.. :poke: - - you've got it, and besides, it'll keep you out of trouble for a little while... :D

I maintain that jaguars are marketed to people who enjoy telling other people how expensive it is to repair their car :)

My wife's Mercedes.

See that one inch bit of plastic just above the rear bumper return?

$70. Fortunately, someone else paid for it!

2458.jpg

I remember my parts manager buddy telling me that one of the porters damaged the drivers door mirror moving a car on the lot, and even his wholesale price to replace it was $2200!!! Ouch!!

My jaguar spark plugs are 16.75 each. Every year when it is time for the inspection, I have an oxygen sensor fail. You have to remove the top half of the motor to get to it
only cost around 850 to get it to pass to please the state of North Carolina. Why do I drive it. It's paid for
Holy ****!! That thing would be sent down the road so fast!!

I love the way Mercedes and BMWs drive and look. But parts costs, ouch. I had a 91 SL500 for a few years. Even though I was able to diagnose and do most of the work myself, the parts were so expensive. Once out of warranty, I think those cars lose some value.

My wife drives a hyundai.....and is happy.

She would love a 65 Barracuda, and would prefer a 4 speed trans, although PS and A/C would also be needed.
Tough combo to find from the factory.

Just look at it this way, you could be making a car payment on a new one.
Love my E46 M3,too.

Just look at it this way, you could be making a car payment on a new one.
Love my E46 M3,too.
I totally agree. My Jaguar has been paid for for several years. I bought it not because of it being a Jag, but I got a good deal and I needed all wheel drive, or 4 wheel drive. Where we live now weather isn't normally an issue, but I have never had a problem driving in bad weather.

Why own anyone of the cars mentioned above ? Sounds like you all are wearing the high cost of parts as a badge of honor! Oh and my 07 CTD Ram 2500 has been paid for since 2011. 248K trouble free miles.

Nope, got a great deal for an all wheel drive, which I needed at the time. We have a couple of Mazda 3, and a couple of Ford fusion's. My jag is 15 years old. If I wanted to empress I would drive my 65 barracuda formula S.

I want an E30 M3....

I daily drove an E30 M3 for years. This is a pic of my old 88. Completely stock. Walked into the local BMW dealer and bought it used for $11,500. lol

Now it would cost $50,000

IMG_0798.JPG

I have owned several E30s and will own another someday.
They are just great driving cars . The A-Bodies of BMWs ! light , flickable , simple , great power to weight ratio , dependable and beautiful
body lines....

I daily drove an E30 M3 for years. This is a pic of my old 88. Completely stock. Walked into the local BMW dealer and bought it used for $11,500. lol

Now it would cost $50,000

View attachment 1715038168

drooool...... Awesome car ! Solid lifter cam and 4 throttle bodies . 11:1 ish compression....
If any of you ever have a chance to drive one DO IT !

Where did you get it ? Rasmaussen ? Kuni ?

drooool...... Awesome car ! Solid lifter cam and 4 throttle bodies . 11:1 ish compression....
If any of you ever have a chance to drive one DO IT !

Where did you get it ? Rasmaussen ? Kuni ?

Kuni. You know, it wasn't the quickest car in the world, I ran it at PIR and it did a 15.1, 1/4.

But, it did everything so well. It also got 33 mpg at 70mph on I5.

For those that don't know these cars. That car is the Hemi Cuda of BMW's now....
highly sought after....Probably one of the most collectible of modern cars.

-
Back