If you were interested......

-

Small Block

Reaction score
.......in an A body mopar what would it be? Me and Vic Storm like to work on these things and build em to move so what specs would you be looking for in an A body for what ever reason or what do you think would sell? Motor, Trans, Brakes, Model, Color, Interior. Give us some ideas so we can get started on a project. It will be street legal and not a piece of junk. I'll have a couple at MMW for you to drool over if your there. Let me know what floats your boat. Thanks guys.

I would like to see a BEASTY 426 hemi and complete interior with an 833 trans, weld prostars and just other goodys

You would like to see one BUT would that be what you would be looking to buy? First off you're asking for a $20,000 + motor then you add on another $20,000 for a nice body and paint. How about a tough drive trane behind the Hemi? Still interested?

If I was in the market right now (and I will be next year) I would look for a 68 or 69 Dart, 383 or 440, 4 speed, 8-3/4, black interior with console/buckets, black vinyl top and stripe, fat & skinny Cragar's, and a Hemi hood with hood pins. No high-impact colors, just a basic red, blue, silver or black enamel or BC/CC paint system.
I think this car could be built and sold for less than 20K if it is painted and built at home, and sell for a small profit provided the engine isn't too wild.

Hope this is what you were looking for Bill.

George

A 67 to 69 barracuda 383 4 speed would float my boat.
A good road and track car
For a resale or a keeper.
But. A 2770 lb Sedan, lets say a 66 valiant with a 8 1/4
200 hp 170/ is my direction.

? what douse MMW mean?? sorry me slow.

This color with rally stripes

LIFE 335.jpg

You had to ask......

Either a 70-71 Duster or a 71 Demon made to handle. But..... no 18+" wagon wheels. Do it on 17" wheels max. And keep the torsion bars.
A smallblock stroker motor or maybe a new 6.1 Hemi.
5-speed stick and hydraulic clutch. Gotta definitely be a stick.
4 wheel disc brakes. Gotta be better than 4 wheel drums right?
Rack and pinion steering.
Mini tub it. I want the fattest tires you can stuff in there.
Points for a rare factory sunroof. Make it power - no hand crank.
Creature comforts galore. A/C. Power steering and brakes. Power windows. Tilt steering. Center console with DVD/Nav system. 500 watts minimum. Heated leather seats, leather door panels. Cover everything with soft leather. Serve with a couple sizzling steaks from the rest of the cow.
Paint would be Panther Pink or Plum Crazy.... Maybe SubLime or B5 Blue. Or just the loudest shade of red that House Of Color offers. Black is cool too.

Just some ideas I've been tossing around in my head if I ever convert my Demon from strip burner to corner carver.

I've got two 68 darts here at the house and just waiting to do something with em. Funny you would mention this George. I've got a DQ 440 coming out of the shop soon and also have a str 14 crossram to set on top. Does this get your juices flowing?

Sounds good.
Do the mini tub/spring relocation while you're at it.
Paint it red with a black gut if it's for me ( :D ) and you could also sub a 392 Hemi for the B/RB motor. I won't complain.

:D

not that i would ever buy one completed.(too much fun building them myself). but i would want an a-body that had a RMS front and rear suspension (has to handle and feel like a modern car. and the rms stuff does that), gotta have big brakes, new 5.7 or 6.1 hemi, some kind of OD unit and the choice between a stick or auto trans. 17" or 18" wheels, air conditioning, a cross between stock and modern interior. and i'm sure i'll think of more.

Hope you can make it memike ill be there also would love to see victoria in person!

Victoria will be staying home for this trip.
The head and rear end will be coming out soon.
I will make it with here next year for sure.:cheers:

Well maybe ill catch up with you guys at smallblocks trailer.

I hope so BigStrok,I am Looking forward to seeing everyone that show's up.
It sure will be a great time for everyone.:cheers:

Somethin like this trips my trigger. I happen to like 66 Darts but any early A
would work. We need more of these with late Hemi's if they will fit. toolmanmike

Here's another one but not as striking as the white one. Mike

Something like the white 66 (love the early Darts!) with a nasty blown Wedge motor (will they even fit?) tubs and big meats. Not real practical, but fun!!

that second one was at moparfest, but the white one is definatly way more badass looking

but the white one is definatly way more badass looking

if ya want to go in a straight line for a quarter mile. the blue one is awesome, especially if you actually want to corner with it. i would take that over the white one every day of the week.

I love this one, all black. I would drop in a built 383 or a 451 with an auto (my left knee is trashed) jack it up a little bit and make a streetable wheel stander.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/360scamp/***%20Mopar%202008%20show/100_0948.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/360scamp/***%20Mopar%202008%20show/100_0946.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/360scamp/***%20Mopar%202008%20show/100_0949.jpg
100_1806.jpg

Ther's some good responses and I like them. I think a low deck 400 stroked to 451 (or bigger) is a very viable option. Ease of installation and LOTS of power potential for not too much money. Definitely a stick!! 4-wheel disc brakes. Maybe an alter-k-tion front end. Runs on pump gas. Dana 60 out back. I personally like the 67-69 Barracuda's. I'm particular to the coupe, but a fastback is awesome too!! Maybe some wild Mopar color combo!! I think it could be kept under 25K for a selling price. Just my 2C worth!!

Matt B.

-
Back