im addicted

-
Cool car....cool story. I too have a new respect for Valiants. toolman

Great find...Congratulations, azmopar, on finally acquiring it. You should be proud. I think the car looks great and the proportions are perfect on the 67-73 valiants....they even look good in 4 door versions. 273/ 4-speed/ 2 door/ sway bar/ front discs/ 8-3/4/ buckets...who could ask for more? Now a four door version of the same needs to be found! Good luck with the restoration! Looking forward to the magazine write ups. I want to find a similar 67 someday...

AZ,

Awesome find and stick-to-it-iv-ness to acquire. This car is for sure a rare piece. I'm really liking it big time.:thumblef:

Can you take some more pictures and post up? Like: front/driver side, rear/pass side, low dead on front, low dead on rear, and a few under the hood and truck. Kind of like a centerfold spread in Play Boy for us guys that need car ****.

so, it's july. I havent looked but curious if your car was in the july MCG?

so, it's july. I havent looked but curious if your car was in the july MCG?

its out there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! altho i HAVENT seen it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, all my friends have their copy but mine has yet to be delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wack: supposedly 6 pages in the mag too :butthead:

and looks like i will be headed to Canada to get a 67 red interior parts car as well( minty fresh 4 dr interior has a lot of the same pieces im missing or need to replace)

thats a really awsome find! I'd just clean it up as good as possible and drive it. It looks so original, it would almost be a shame to restore it cosmeticly. Just my opinion tho....

It's been a while since I've followed this stunning Valiant :love4: .
I saw the post you made regarding its shipment to Los Angeles , and am wondering if it was shipped to the Los Angeles ( City of Commerce) Plant or to Chrysler's West Coast District Headquarters on Figuora
( iirc ... ) in Downtown L.A. ?

What I'm wondering also -- as many others are as well -- is how it got-out into the public realm . It couldn't be sold through any 'proper' channels , as it was lacking its odometre , not to mention its recalled steering wheel .

Is the correct upholstery available for those seats ?

How is the (shitty) plastic windshield / backlight trim ?

It's been a while since I've followed this stunning Valiant :love4: .
I saw the post you made regarding its shipment to Los Angeles , and am wondering if it was shipped to the Los Angeles ( City of Commerce) Plant or to Chrysler's West Coast District Headquarters on Figuora
( iirc ... ) in Downtown L.A. ?

What I'm wondering also -- as many others are as well -- is how it got-out into the public realm . It couldn't be sold through any 'proper' channels , as it was lacking its odometre , not to mention its recalled steering wheel .

Is the correct upholstery available for those seats ?

How is the (shitty) plastic windshield / backlight trim ?
not sure where it was shipped to. the assumption was made that beacuse it ended up in the west that it was shipped to LA, probably for magazine or advertising purposes as thats wherew most of the mags or bigger ad agencies(at that time) were its really unclear how it ended up being sold to the public as well. getting ready to check Legendary on the seat stuff. and the trim is wasted both front and back. im getting a 4 dr car for parts, and it has the trim on it . but looks to be almost as bad. ive seen the repop stuff but its not the correct stuff for the car. supposdly its a Ford product and it isnt really close :-|

now that the Magazine is out hopefully it will stir someones recollection of the car or its beginings and maybe some info will flow out beacuse of it:toothy7:

also if anyone knows anyone looking i have a couple of az project cars for sale now

71 dart 2 dr
70 duster v8
69 dart WSS 2 dr slant 6 car

back from Canada i now have part of the interior!! need to get the bucket seat stuff and carpet now door panels too

just installed the 45 year old headliner!! from the Canadian parts car fits like a glove!! pics soon

another update(sorry been a while) new interior ordered and arrived dash cluster is being sent to Redline gaugeworks for resto. i now have the NOS ex tip and resonator and the correct NOS muffler dated even correctly for the car!! also a set of NOS 273 Commando 10.5 to 1 pistons forged trw's. all thanks to Jim Rhinehart(rhinodart) and a NOS taillight lens for the dr side from Sedanman (chuck) trhanks guys!!! i still need to find a NOS pass side one!!! also Chuck has got the bumperettes and the missing piece of rocker trim for me as well!! all for now

This car is amazing!! Just saw it for the first time. When I was a kid pumping gas, we had a regular customer with a dark green 67 post w/commando and 4spd. Fell in love with that car then. It was so cool with the big resonator and exhaust tip. Now I have to find the MCG article. Have you gotten anymore updates on the history?

:cheers:
Can't wait to see some updated pictures. Seen the car in Vegas a couple years ago, Very Cool!

thanks pics proably this weekend!! ill have the car out so th guy can install lights in the garage
:cheers:

This car is amazing!! Just saw it for the first time. When I was a kid pumping gas, we had a regular customer with a dark green 67 post w/commando and 4spd. Fell in love with that car then. It was so cool with the big resonator and exhaust tip. Now I have to find the MCG article. Have you gotten anymore updates on the history?

so far no real updates on history. but we have kind of deduced that maybe it was a promo car for the west coast possibly a dealer show car demonstrator but with the odo the way it is im not positive

pics of the pretty stuff that will be going back in!!! :cheers:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 581
  • 002.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 576
  • 003.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 600
  • 004.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 576
  • 005.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 565