I'm back!!!! Finally!!!!!

-

Slugger8985

Reaction score
Thank the Lord!!!! After a few months hiatus I am finally back on FABO!!!! Past few months have been crazy. Started my big boy job with BNSF in Kansas City, got engaged, moved in with my fiance, and finished college. Still a shame my would-be career as a Marine Corps Officer got cut short, but for everything that happens there is a blessing. My 66 Valiant had to get put into storage at a family members house (having moved from my folks house in Topeka where it got worked on regularly to an apartment complex where not only can you NOT have a project car parked in a parking spot, but you have to pick up your dog's turd as well). Hopefully we'll find a house this fall and be able to move into a place that actually has a garage where all my tools and my baby can be kept. Glad we are getting married, but that also cuts down on the funds I could be putting aside for the Val (I tried explaining my priority list to her but for some strange reason she thinks the wedding comes first haha). Every single year the NHRA nationals come to Topeka I get anxious about having my car done. There's just somethin about the smell of tire smoke and race fuel. I'm still bouncing around ideas of combos I could potentially run. Still 90% sure I'm gonna go with a 440, but until I get the moolah to put it into action I'm still in debate. To anyone who sent me messages during my few-month stint not being on here, I do apologize for not being able to respond. Life gets wild sometimes!!! GREAT TO BE BACK YALL!!!!!! :sign3:

Yep graduated from Washburn University in Topeka and had the dangdest time gettin a job. I had 2 degrees in the business field but nobody wanted someone with no post-college experience. Thanks economy. My grandpa actually worked for Santa Fe way back when and said that the benefits were great and I should give it a shot. Man oh man it wasn't 2 days later I get called and e-mailed saying they wanted me to start the process. They really like prior military. Sure wish my body wouldn't have gave out but like I said everything happens for a reason. Even work with BNSF was rough for awhile. Still kinda is. They over-hired and had to send work away. Me and some guys from my conductor's class ended up movin to Texas for awhile to work. Sure is good to be back in Kansas now though!!!

WELCOME back and good luck . i know this dont mean $hi%&t but dont waste a LOT of money on a wedding that most people will forget about in a few years. thats only if the bride is scotish like mine lol have fun

-
Back