I'm building a desk

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I need a small computer desk. Everything in stores is pretty much garbage. So I'm building one. I just started tonight but here is the top.

The metal trim ring will be powder coated.

I will have a small drawer on each side and small shelf are in center to store my lap top. The drawers will be made of sheet metal. I am using ammo can lids for the drawer faces.

I removed the hinges and cut the lid lip even on the back side so they will close flush.

That looks AWESOME. I need something similar. Do you mind if I totally steal your idea?

You Suck! I'm stealing all your ideas and gonna make ONE Million Dollars!!!!! It's Awesome, You Rock.

Can you at least do some crappy weldin on this so the rest of us won't feel so bad?

pics are not on the plate right no, but I sit at my puter desk, made from 2 in thick cedar from Mininite mill locally, the top, not yet done, will be ceramic tile,

your desk will awesome!!!!!!!! like you, I hate the crab stuff they try to sell ya!!!!!!!

got one of the drawers together this morning. here is my home made sheet metal brake in action. works great.

then i welded in the back of the drawer

and here she is all done! ready for powder coat.

I will be using 16" ball bearing self closing drawer glides on the bottom side of the drawer. I will also be putting wood to match the top inside the bottom of the drawer.

cant you just toss a slab pf plywood on a few old oil drums and call it good ?

making the rest of us look bad

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'd prob have allot more progress pics but I'm out of town with work and my weekend was shot in the ***! Hope you all get some work done on your projects.

-
Back