I'm Disgusted.

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a scattershield's transmission bolt pattern being off ? I installed the proper bearing retainer after I test fitted it in the scattershield. I get the transmission against the scattershield flush. I get one bottom bolt started. I get the other bottm bolt started..... and thats it. BOTH upper bolt holes do NOT line up with the scattershield! Huh? If I pull the retainer out of the scattershield, all 4 bolts go in, but the retainer now is NOT aligned with the opening and the transmission will not go in. The retainer installs only 1 way..... and it's definitely the correct one.

It's only off by maybe a 1/16", but it will not go together! I almost bought a second die grinder today, but I figured I'll just wait until tomorrow and get it from work. I plan on opening up the bolt holes just a *bit* to make this sunofabicth go together.

Anyone forsee a problem with this type of caveman logic?

Cuda66 said:
I don't see a problem as long as the tranny is properly aligned.

Yeah, I kinda thought so..... I know the transmission is aligned properly, it's just the bolt hole spacing. I have NO IDEA how this is happening, but I figure if I elongate the upper bolt holes just a bit I can make it work.

Geez.... Ya never see stupid crap like this happening on OverHaulin or Monster Garage! :tongue:

-
Back