I'm done

-
Cars and trucks love to test your patience out and will get the best of you. Just walk away,take a break and come back. I know from working on my big Dodge truck and it frustrates me,but after cussing and bitching,I keep plugging at it.

John

You are this worked up over some leaky brakes?? Wait until you go to tune it and it has a persistent stumble or soft spot that no matter what combination of timing/ jets etc can cure....

Be happy that's your frustration. I still have a laundry list before I get to try to see if my brakes have a leak (they better not since I completely redid them). Then I get to re-install the gas tank and all kinds of other stuff before I get to here it run. And I have a car that doesn't need to be done from ground up its actually in GREAT shape. It's the joy of what we do. If cars fired right up no problem and had no issues after 40 years there would be no new car market at all.

PM me... Not far away from you if you need a second eye to work out the bugs....

I'll go $110. :iconbigg:

Seriously, stick with it. These things come up when you build a car. You gotta learn to step back and relax and think about how to overome the problem, not quit...

Dammit! :finga: :iconbigg: Guess I'll have to go $115 now. Come on kid.....where's Buford, GA? I ain't got all weekend ya know! :happy1:

Well its covered and in the corner.Mon said I could drive her car so It going to sit for awhile.Going to ask for some more hours at work and not worry about it.

PS If I told you what I wanted for the car you guys would put me in the craigslist crackhead thread.

Good man. You've come a long way with your build, you'd be a crackhead to give up now, especially over something so minor. When you figure out what it is and how easy it will be to fix, you're going to laugh at this.

Heres what you do... make a list (and check it twice) of what it takes to redo the entire brake system, new lines, cylinders..everything!! Then price it all out and save your $$ until you have enough to buy everything. You should be cooled off by then and ready to dive in and get them redone!! Ummm, good plan!!! Geof

Don't forget that young gun award you got this year! These old classics take time $$$$$ and patience.

Brush it aside for a while.
I went to town early this morning and bought $35.00 worth of kerosene for my torpedo heater because I was going to work on the Duster this weekend.
It started to get chilly from all the rain today so around 2 pm I plug the heater in and it will not fire. I worked on the heater for a while, and still could not get it run, got mad and went to the house.
Stuff happens just cool off and deal with it another day.

Been there done that. (And still working on it ) It's all worth it in the end!

Four wheel disc is way overkill. Just do the tried and true mopar swap on the fronts, don't forget to swap the prop valve from a donor car. The newer master is a good upgrade as well and won't break the bank.

Four wheel disc is way overkill. Just do the tried and true mopar swap on the fronts, don't forget to swap the prop valve from a donor car. The newer master is a good upgrade as well and won't break the bank.

well i guess my 500.00 offer will not help i got a big bolt pattern front swap with some new parts bolt on 300.00 plus ride

I am 15 years from where you are.
When I was 18....I took my hard saved cash and bought a 74 Duster down the street from my Cousins' house. I worked on it....drove it....and got bummed and sold it.

Read my Story:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=91659

Since 1998....I have had more than 10 more Mopars', and the only one I really ever wanted back was the ole #1 1974 Duster.

DONT GIVE UP,.....just keep it...fix it.

I have (2) now, a 1974 Duster 360, and a 1974 Dart Sport 318.

:prayer:

Talk about Mopar BLISS.

73, I agree with a few of our peers. We've all had setbacks that made us feel like we've had enough. I remember whining to Badd440 like a ***** on more than one occasion but i was happy I stuck it out. Hang in there.

~Sae

-
Back