Im getting my wisdom teeth pulled...

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
i cant believe it already im getting them pulled :sad1: so anyone got some stories on this topic ive heard some people have pain for quite a while and well i got stuff to do on the car, i might just have to go off and work with a sore mouth, i do tend to talk alot maybe it will speed me up :lol:

No worse then a vasectomy :tongue9: You'll get over it..LOL

Really...no pain, just the ***** eating for a few days

They will give you something for the pain. It sucks and you'll be sore for a day or t wo. Do it now though. I waited to long and got a nasty infection. I was sick for 2 weeks and was at the Dentist everyday. It could have easily killed me if it got worse. My whole face was swallon, I couldnt eat or sleep or even open my mouth to eat. The drain tube inside my mouth wasnt very fun either

It took about 6 months to be able to open my mouth all the way again and for the muscle pain to go away. The only good thing about it is I quite smoking after 13 years. Havent had one in 8 months.

i had it done and had 0 pain. my teeth were impacted and everything. I thought it was an overall pretty easy experience.

I just had it done, its painless, just eat soft foods for a few days, no pretzels or doritos.

i am 43, had 3 of them pulled in December, in dentists chair with just novacain. in 45 minutes all done and i left office with a mouth full of galze, went to pharmacy with a pain med prescription, never used any of it, just a few tylenol, and went back to work the same day. in a few days couldnt tell it was done.

1966 dart wagon said:
i cant believe it already im getting them pulled :sad1: so anyone got some stories on this topic ive heard some people have pain for quite a while and well i got stuff to do on the car, i might just have to go off and work with a sore mouth, i do tend to talk alot maybe it will speed me up :lol:

At least your getting yours pulled. I had a problem with a dopey dude whom was smoking way to much crappy weed and mistook me for someone else. He threatened me and I blew it off as a stoner talking junk.

Well, I never saw the punch coming and was told he ran down the hallway, leaped in the air and punched me on the way down like a comic book action villain.

All I remember was teasing the girls at there bathroom and a sudden BANG and ring in the ears of a high pictched EEEEEE.

Well, the result was left side rear 2 wisdom teeth not fully grown in were punched halfway out of my head to a 45* angle. I spent nearly 6 hours in the chair getting them removed.

It didn't hurt more than a day or so there after. I was given Tylenol 3 and stopped takeing it within 3 day.

Actually, the worst part was digging the food out of the hole after EVERY meal. That was a drag.

I had all 4 of mine removed at the same time about 4 years ago. They put me under, woke up, didn't feel a thing. I had no pain, I didn't even use any of my pain pills. No swelling or anything, I was eating solid foods pretty quickly too. Hopefully yours will go as smoothly as mine did :thumbup:

Holy cow Adam, I bet he feels much better about it after reading your experience... that one you might have wanted to keep to yourself, LOL.

Chuck

Had all 4 pulled probably 20 years ago, face swollen like a hog, one of the holes abscessed, back and forth to the dental guy every day for a week. Just an utterly miserable couple of weeks and this was after my wife telling me how painless hers went some years back. Good luck, apparantly it can go either way.

Rumblefish, did they ever catch the guy that suckered you?

Only seen him once afterwards. He managed to outrun me and Dad.

I was told he was jailed later. A allways in trouble, troubled teen.

on an unrelated note, I got a wisdom teeth tail for you. I got mine pulled about three years ago. Now something about wisdom teeth is that they come in 4 varieties of messed up. Upside down, Sideways, way too close, and way too far. I had one of each. After the surgery was done, I got put on a pain killer that was supposedly more powerful than perkaset(spelling?). anyways. in my drug addled stupor i licked the stiches in my mouth but could not feel what I was doing. It was only after I was out of pain killers that I realized that I had licked away all the flesh in those areas clear to the bone.

Needless to say, additional surgery was reqired.

I still have mine and my bone Dr said they are laying down and need to come out.
I hope your time at the dentist go's well.
My wife stayed home today because she had a tooth pulled.
Hydroco/apap 500mg she slept most of the day and now is up playing pocker on the net. She is doing fine and keeping me busy

memike said:
I still have mine and my bone Dr said they are laying down and need to come out.
I hope your time at the dentist go's well.
My wife stayed home today because she had a tooth pulled.
Hydroco/apap 500mg she slept most of the day and now is up playing pocker on the net. She is doing fine and keeping me busy

Da bomb is liquid Hydrocodone! I had that after my stomach surgery, you take a shot it feels like someone just punched you in the gut, for a second, then you go to a happy place for a while! :)

340mopar said:
Holy cow Adam, I bet he feels much better about it after reading your experience... that one you might have wanted to keep to yourself, LOL.

Chuck

I dont think a lot of people realize how dangerous not taking care of your teeth can be. I ended up in the ER a few times when mine were infected. The second time they rushed me in and were ready to do cat scans to make shure my brain was infected. I ended up paying more in Hostpital bills then for the Dentist.

well i went threw with it, i wasn't under i was gassed pretty bad though, got a couple little pinches in the jaw thats about it. the hole process was only 30 minutes or so only got 3 pulled gotta wait a couple years for the last bugger. Well i took my pain meds right away as instructed then put a lil ice on it to stop any swelling went to sleep for 45 minutes(was tired before i went) and i woke up fine...sure im a lil sore when i eat harder stuff but i can talk and all that, my jaw is slightly numb but i can talk and all that, man what a piece o cake here i was all worked up after hearing friend's experiences mostly girls hahah. I get tomorrow off of school at least and im not that bad woo :thumbup: perhaps i can go work on my car already :lol:

When I had 3 pulled they doped me up and I never felt any pain. I did make a proposition to the old lady that brought me downstairs in a wheelchair (think Billy Bob in Bad Santa and the chic not beeing able to S right for a week). I remember that she had this look on her face like she wanted to beat the crap out of me. Then on the ride home I was yelling at people on the sidewalk with blood streamming out my mouth and down the side of the car. When we got home I tried to do a backflip in the front yard and kept taking the cotton out of my mouth every 5 mins. and asking my girlfriend what the hell this stuff was doing in my mouth. Thats what I do remember Nikki says that I was very bad. :sad1: But no pain just alot of bloody drool.

MMMMMMMMM vicodin :sleepy3:

had my uppers pulled a while back. did it with just the local which i think the shots in the roof of the mouth hurt more that the actual removal. I had pretty good pain once the local wore off. Took some pain meds and went to sleep... Next day was pretty good. except for eating soup and soft stuff.

-RPM

gee, talk about the randomness....

last night, lamenting to RPM....gotta get my wisdom teeth out. then this thread...THURSDAY is my adventure to the sadist, er, dentist....
so i got that to look towards...hoping for the best, looking to load up on the westerns and prolly a godfather-a-thon....oh and i got to remember to also make sure i get the mp3 player all loaded up too....(*sweet relief of the headphone world all loaded....reminds me of the 80-90's.... :toothy7: )

so yeah woohoo, and supposedly i will get my "bite" back....and of course now i realize i was an idiot all along....no ER visits tho, whew....but knocking on wood as i type...

thursday, so soon it seems...

blind, hoping for quick and easy. :glasses1:

-
Back