I'm looking for a dart, can't decide what year!

-
Just buy 1 of each. Building a 72 swinger for the wife and I have a 67 . I like the 67 tail lights and the 68 grill and round side marker lights. Don't forget about the 70 scamps. I like the Duster front end and Dart rear bumper.

i can not handle the point on them either i wanted a 70 and i like the tail lights on the 70 Good luck.

The 2 best years are the 68 or 70.
Choose which one is in best shape and have fun.

REPOST FROM ANOTHER THREAD - Well, I pulled the trigger on a 71 Dart Swinger. Got a great deal. It's the one Spenc71 was selling in the Classifieds. He was a really cool guy and hooked me up with a great deal.

Now it's time to get her restored and hopped up! Should be a fun project. Looking forward to going to my first A-body meet out here in Cali!

photo.jpg

I think you made a good call on the '71! It's my favorite year too.

Thanks. I really love it already. It's such a great looking car. Can't wait to get it restored.

64 Vert

Attachments

• Dart at Springfling.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 114
Really. I've been going to car shows for a few years in central Wisconsin and have yet to see another 69 aside from mine. I've seen 2 '67 convertibles and 2-3 '68 post cars. I could count the '70+'s for days...:read2:

Go with a 67-69. That's the most muscle-y looking of the A-body platform.

Yep, I agree, hardly ever see 67-69 darts up here either. I would go with the 69, Ive owned 68's, and presently own a 67, and 69, just can't beat the 69. In my opinion they got everything right in 69, but I love to see any A body at a show, or on the street. The only down fall is, they are getting pretty hard to find, good luck with whatever you find!

REPOST FROM ANOTHER THREAD - Well, I pulled the trigger on a 71 Dart Swinger. Got a great deal. It's the one Spenc71 was selling in the Classifieds. He was a really cool guy and hooked me up with a great deal.

Now it's time to get her restored and hopped up! Should be a fun project. Looking forward to going to my first A-body meet out here in Cali!

photo.jpg

Hey great looking Dart! Don't get all carried away taking it apart to restore. You can have a lot of fun with them before they get all painted and become to nice to drive.

Nice car!!! Keep it running and I agree, DO NOT TAKE IT ALL APART!! I've done that to both my cars 68 cuda and 70 dart...they both still do not run, all taken apart....lol

Hey great looking Dart! Don't get all carried away taking it apart to restore. You can have a lot of fun with them before they get all painted and become to nice to drive.

Was thinking the same thing..........

I had the car checked out at a local mopar shop here in Murrieta... Motech. Cool guys by the way!

The engine needs some TLC, so before I go having fun in the car before I do take it apart, I gotta get that stuff fixed. Also, the usual things that happen with age need to be taken care of... engine mounts, trans mounts, gaskets, etc. Probably the most alarming is a oil leak somewhere... When I pulled out the spark plugs, tons of oil was caked on to it. This only seems to be happening on the passenger side of the engine, so I suspect something with the valve seals on that side. It's amazing that it runs with the amount of crud on the plugs... anyways, replaced those and it's doing fine.

Cleaning out the 3rd car garage this weekend so I can store it and keep it in tip top shape. Can't wait to start restoring it.

I like them all . but if I had my choice of any Dart . This would be the order of my choice on top 5, 1971 Demon 340, 1968 Dart any to build a hemi dart, 1970 swinger 340, 1969 Swinger any , 1972 Demon any, I do like all a-bodies and would be happy with what ever was available. Its getting to the point where all of these cars a getting hard to find in some areas. So you really can't be picky. Im sure what ever one you get you will love it once its yours. They all grow on ya.

If you are seriously looking, a close friend of mine will consider selling his 69 GTS. It is an original 383 auto car, Only major mod done to it is rear end has been tubbed and has a narrowed dana under it. Car has been inside storage for at least 25 years and was very solid. It includes 383,fiberglass fenders, and I am not sure what else. He is making mwe a list on car. Car is located in central Illinois.

-
Back