I'm Looking for opinions

-

71318Swinger

Reaction score
I'm Repainting my car shortly and im thinking about changing the color from stock green to a dark orange rootbeer sort of color. I'm not trying to go for stock or anything like that, so I was hoping for other peoples ideas and input aswell. The car is a 71 Dodge Dart Swinger with the 318

1270334100855.jpg

1270334088459.jpg

1270334080209.jpg

Do you have any bigger pics? I could show you what it would look like if you wanted.

Be ready for mass destruction... LOL I'm changing the color on mine and it was in good shape kinda like yours from what I can tell. I think from now on on a color change there will have to be some other stuff going on. Like severe panel damage etc. Its alot of work on a car that is going to be torn down and dosent need a whole lot of work to be cool. IMO hope that made sense

Leave it the period stock color and appreciate it for what it is. I understand the urge to change things on your car but you would have to change the whole interior too.

Since the car is beautiful as it is, I would suggest a set of Rallye wheels or body color steelies and dog dish hub caps.
It will give it that 'sporty' look.

If the body needed work or just new paint, I could see a color change but that usually means an interior color change also....... $$$$$

Check out the Demon in my FABO photo section......It's "Hummer" Sunset Orange.......People couldn't keep their eyes off it.......Mopar guys who loved the stock Burnt Orange of the 70's LOVED the way this color popped in the sun.

You might like it.

107_0768.jpg

You have a nice car, but there is one problem with doing a color change. The green interior will seriously clash with orange exterior.
IMHO you have 2 choices: change the color of your interior or pick a color that will better suit the interior.

The interior is actualy in horrible condition so regardless of what color i do teh exterior i am redoing theinterior and im thinking that im going to do it all black. And we repainted it last year but the paint bubled and we didnt do a great job, it was our first paint job so it needs to be redone anyway now that we have more practice with painting. When i get home from work I'll take some pictures with my regular camera so that they come out larger then these that i took with my cellphone. What i am picturing is something similar tot he way it is now with the blackout hood and bumblebee stripe with the rootbear orange body and then blackout the engine compartment, The interior i was thinking of doing all black with the orange inserts or possibly just the orange piping on the seats.

The interior is actualy in horrible condition so regardless of what color i do teh exterior i am redoing theinterior and im thinking that im going to do it all black. And we repainted it last year but the paint bubled and we didnt do a great job, it was our first paint job so it needs to be redone anyway now that we have more practice with painting. When i get home from work I'll take some pictures with my regular camera so that they come out larger then these that i took with my cellphone. What i am picturing is something similar tot he way it is now with the blackout hood and bumblebee stripe with the rootbear orange body and then blackout the engine compartment, The interior i was thinking of doing all black with the orange inserts or possibly just the orange piping on the seats.
Please for the sake of MaMopar,do not blackout under the hood.It just doesn,t look proper(To Chevy looking)This is just my opinion!8)

Here are some older pictures i have had floating around the interwebz i just remember about they

Air Cleaner.jpg

Carshow Dart.jpg

Shiny.jpg

Shiny_2.jpg

Stripped Down.jpg

I say paint it the way you want it. I am doing a repaint from white to Plum Crazy. It is a lot of work to do all the jams but I think it will get more attension. I guess I'm a ***** for attension though.

Here is yours... It wasn't the best quality and I didn't have much time...

Shiny_2.jpg

Here is another dart in a similar color.

1968DodgeGSSHemiDart2copy.jpg

There you go! BJKadron I think hit on an idea quite unintentionally lol.....rootbeer with green pearl lol...keep the interior keep the orange win win HAHAHA :-D

-
Back