I'm new, but the car is old.

-
Welcom to FABO! Nice car!

Not sure how it is on your car but on mine there were two sets of bolt holes holding the seat to the tracks. One set moved the seat back a bit & tilted the back toward the rear. I drove my car with the seat all of the way back & still got cramped a bit on long trips. Moved the seat to the 2nd set of holes & I couldn't push the peadls all of the way down when the seat was all of the way back. I'm about 5'10". It's worth a look.

I'm definitely going to give that a check. I'm 6'2" and it's cramped the way it is.

yellowdartdave said:
beautiful car !!

As for the black in the engine bay, a bet a little bit of thinner would take the black paint off.
And any good (and I don't mean national chain or cheapo) body shop can fix the rust and blend the paint.

Looks like it was a radio delete car.

Next time you go to a car show..look around for really nice cars and ask the owners who did their paintwork.

You're right. It was a radio delete. I have the original plate, but the previous owner put the 2-knober in and cut 6x9 in the window lid. Did a decent job though. I like the idea of asking around at car shows for good bodyshops. Thanks.

wish4hemi said:
Welcome from a fellow Scamp owner.

Thanks man, it really feels good to hear so many positive responses on a forum. I'm really starting to think that the scamp is pretty rare since they were only made between 71' through 76'.

My only concern with the paint is that there is a couple of spots that need touched up, but they're all over the car and under the hood in the creases etc. I really want it to look good without having to paint the whole vehicle, especially since it has original chalk paint markings under the trunk, license plate, and original storage stickers for the jack, door jams etc. I've got a buddy whose dad does professional restos and I'm going to ask his opinion on it. Once again guys, thanks for all the comments.

-
Back