I'm not entirely sure where to put this so I'm putting it here

-

cdwmotorsports

Reaction score
I'm doing HotRod Dragweek and a horn is required. Younger me took the horn stuff out of the column and now older me needs it. Stupid then yes, further discussion about it needed, nope. So what all parts am I missing to get the horn working? 1972 Demon in case it matters.

I know I need the horn button for sure.

IMG_9570.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg

IMG_9572.jpeg

just put a button on the dash. or do like we did years ago and find a rotary phone and hook it up and dial the number of honks you want.

just put a button on the dash. or do like we did years ago and find a rotary phone and hook it up and dial the number of honks you want.
Not for this car. The next one will get a different setup but I want this one back to as close to right as possible at this point.

Get a factory service manual for your car. It will give an exploded view of the column and you can see what all you're missing in black and white.

Get a factory service manual for your car. It will give an exploded view of the column and you can see what all you're missing in black and white.
Where cause it's not on Mymopar. I don't have time to order one and wait for it to show up then to order what I need.

It depends on whether you want it to be correct, or just a horn temporarily for the cruise you’re going to do. If you just want a horn temporarily, then a button would be perfect. However, I think most states require a horn for a car to be legal on the streets.

Where cause it's not on Mymopar. I don't have time to order one and wait for it to show up then to order what I need.
So improvise. The 1970 manual is there. I'm sure the horn didn't change in two years. Lots of other things will be the same too so it'll be well worth the download.

I just need pics of the parts I need, I'm not looking for debate, opinions of what you would do or lawfare. Just pics of a complete assembly or somewhere to find a pic of said assembly

I just need pics of the parts I need, I'm not looking for debate, opinions of what you would do or lawfare. Just pics of a complete assembly or somewhere to find a pic of said assembly
ummm what? Ok. That's it for me. lol

ummm what? Ok. That's it for me. lol
I'm gonna flatly state this here too on top of the PM I sent you. That wasn't directed at you.

I asked for parts, not suggestions on how to wire it, not how to add a phone, not what the laws say. All I needed was a parts list. If anyone that didn't help with what I asked for wants to get butthurt that's on them not on me. The only person that offered what I asked for was Garret. I had already looked for the manual because I knew at some point you'd be posting that exact suggestion.

What you REALLY need if you need Mopar parts no's is the parts manual. Those are also available FOR SOME YEARS at MyMopar, and you may have to settle for Dodge/ vs Plymouth, etc

The roller is still on the T/S switch... Try grounding it & see if the horn honks... If so you just need to fix the wire coming from the contact ring on the back of the steering wheel and the switch parts...

If it doesn't the horn/horns and/or relay is probably missing... Easy fix...

Like all the horns I run across, if they haven't honked in 30 years the wire probably won't help.

The roller is still on the T/S switch... Try grounding it & see if the horn honks... If so you just need to fix the wire coming from the contact ring on the back of the steering wheel and the switch parts...

If it doesn't the horn/horns and/or relay is probably missing... Easy fix...
The relay is missing too. Younger me decided it was too much weight.

Back in rural Mo. our go to garage for state inspection, having a "working" horn was part of the requirement, even for Mo.
I always had "stuff" that did not work on my projects that I had just got running. The garage guy asks for horn, and I stick my head out the window and say "honk'. He says not needs to be louider. So...I srceam HONK!!! and he says PASSED!!!! :thumbsup:

-
Back