I'm pissed. Tree fell on my demon.

-
Hope everything is Good! Working on 74 Duster that had the same thing happen to it. Mine Has some dents from the limbs but nothing that can't be fixed with some more time. Just take care of yourself since you just had surgery.

That sucks! Hopefully it's not too bad. Guys like rusty n pan gasket offering up a helping hand is just one of the things that make this site rock!

Take Rusty n Pangaskets offer up on the help. There is no way I could look at that for 6 weeks while I heal from hernia. Been there done that, hurt to **** for crying out loud. Only time in my life I drank prune juice.
Good luck!

I talked to Mike tonight. He said he's broke as a joke, but only like 40 minutes away. If you could throw him some gas money he said he would be glad to come do it.

Wow that really sucks, hopefully it's not too bad. Hope you and your car heal up well, good luck!!!

We had a Eucalyptus tree branch fall on a car in our complex and it took the roof of an Explorer down to the floorboard. That was a big *** branch, 18" thick and about 40 feet long. Imagine a telephone pole landing on your car from 20 feet. Hope yours is repairable. That ice storm is making national news. I think the low temp here on Monday was 65, at about 5 AM!

yup - it's a pine. Nobody likes to have to fix more but it doesn't seem like too big a deal. Probably the top and some dimples in the trim, maybe a dent or two. The Bee I'm working on had a 5" oak limb land on it. LOTS more metal damage than that. Same tree (different storm) dropped another limb on a Chrysler LHS - blew out the windos, flattened the roof. Oaks shed a lot and they are heavy and hard as iron. Pine- pine's nothing...lol.
Tell the homeowners insurance people it's minor - the car isn't restored so they might jump to total it.

That sucks, but just calm down and assess the damage. It may be easily fixed. I am already figuring once I get my car in paint that it wont stay nice unless I don't drive it at all. And what fun is that ?

I talked to Mike tonight. He said he's broke as a joke, but only like 40 minutes away. If you could throw him some gas money he said he would be glad to come do it.

I can pitch in a little for gas money, how much are you all going to need? Maybe a few of us can pitch in a $20 each and get you covered. Lucky gas is cheaper now...

PM me a paypal.

I feel his pain. I just got lucky last summer.

One tree fell and if it weren't for a branch being strong enough and getting firmly impaled in the fall to keep it less than 2 feet from hitting the roof of my original paint 68 340 fastback....

Then in August an even BIGGER tree fell down and hit my garage.... Just some minor damage between two joists at the peak on each side, should have been much worse... It was a HUGE oak with over 30" diameter trunk.

I got a tree trimmer out here in Sep to clear out 7 other trees that were dead/dieing before one of them really gets me...

I went through three electric chain saws last summer cutting all of that up (and lost 10-15 lbs). Lucky I got the extended warranty from the store....

My call to the insurance company would be some like..........
Yup, she's bad.......Roofs crunched a bit, needs a new hood n fenders, new windows, and it looks like a branch went straight through the engine block. Gonna need a crate motor and body n paint. :evil3:

And what would he do when they asked him for pictures and receipts??? #-o

My brother is an insurance adjuster. They see that all the time and are on to it... Not worth getting caught... :evil3:

Look on the bright side, It could have been much worse. Examples... recent paint, larger tree, hemorrhoid surgery is much worse. I'm not trying to be funny here. This life sucks at times for all of us. All we can do is try to help one another get through it.
Get well soon. Better luck going forward.

Thanks everyone for the support I knew I could come to this site and count on you guys! As of now I'm not gonna do anything about it . The woman at the hospital told me the hernia surgery I got. Robotic laparoscopic would costs me 35,000 dollars without insurance. Luckily I have insurance but she couldn't give me a cost. So I don't know what I owe them. Moneys tight the car will have to wait. That's all their is to it. Off work 4 weeks no pay,.. Now that is the real pain. (Job is labor intensive)

Sooner or later you are going to have to "face your Demons"...

I am offering to go (leave) on Friday, work Saturday morning, but I would need about $80 bucks in gas as it is 800 miles round trip. Probably a plan Z. We are on the opposite corners of the state from each other.

Thanks for offering everyone who did. but ill take care of it. I don't want to put anyone out. Body will heal and ill get around to it . When it thaws ill go cut it apart piece by piece. It's interesting to know some of you members are close to me maybe when summer comes around we can get together and show mopars somewhere.

Let me know, I'm in hoschton, just down hwy53 from u.

I would cut that thing away each little branch one at a time. If there is a silver lining, at least it is closer to the top of the tree and not at the lower end of the trunk where it would have probably folded up the car from the weight.

-
Back